'The Spider-Verse'

Present Day: Earth - 1048 (Insomniac, PS4)

Today was the day. School had started back up once the last drop of snow had dried off, and Miles couldn't be more excited.

It had been about a month since Phin had sacrificed herself to save Harlem, though it had been through her own malice that the area around Harlem was put in danger, she pulled through at the end and helped Miles, who was at the time, basically a nuclear bomb, and carried him to the sky, allowing for a safe release of the built up power.

Miles grieved for a good while, but he and his mom had a talk about remembrance which put his heart at ease. He knows he'll miss Rick and Phin, but he also knows that they're at a good place now. Happy.

He also had a talk with his friend and mentor, Peter Parker, about what they can do to do right by Rick and Phin. Peter knew what Miles was going through, and it was more than just because they bonded because they were both Spider-Men, no, it was because Peter had experienced these things as a person too.

They both empathized with one another, and after a emotionally heavy chat, they went for a swing, because it just felt therapeutic. And as they swung, they both see some crime alerts ping into their respective masks.

A grin crept into each spider's faces beneath their masks as they glanced at one another.

Punching bad guys was also therapeutic.

So as we cut to the present day, Miles is seen in his room, putting on his uniform for school and "looking fly as always", as he'd say to the bathrooms mirror. He checks his bag before heading out into the living room where his mother was waiting with Ganke.

Ganke: C'mon dude! Don't wanna be late on the first day back!

Miles: *Grins* Yeah, yeah. I know...

He turns to his mom who had been washing the dishes, they ate before Miles changed, as she turned to her son and gave him a smile.

Rio: Mijo, looking handsome! Aren't you very excited to go back to school?

Miles: Hehe, just looking forward to seeing my friends from school again.

Ganke, off to the side, faked a look of hurt.

Ganke: What about me? I thought I was your "Guy in the chair"?

The spider teen gives his pal a pat on the shoulder.

Miles: Dude, you're my best friend. I meant like friends in general. You have a higher rank than the guys at school do, and besides, they don't know about... the spider secret.

He purposefully gave a pause for dramatic effect. But seriously, now that his mom knew about the "Spider-secret", Miles felt that a truck was taken off his shoulders. He didn't have to feel the need to lie about where he was at times or why he was so out late.

There was also that bonus where Rio would iron out the suit's crinkles and powder the joints. Where did she learn that from, Miles had no idea, but it works wonders for when he wore the suit out on patrol.

Ganke: Heh, that is true.

Rio: Alright boys, are you two going or do you two rather be late for class?

The elder morales reminded the teens as she dried off her hands.

Ganke: Oh sh- Sugar Honey Ice Tea!

Miles: Oh right! Right...!

Giving his mom a kiss on the cheek, Miles then proceeds to head down the stairs of the apartment. But before they fully went out-

Rio: Oh wait, Mijo!