Just One Night Stand

It all begins in a club.

It’s a nice night, a nice place, a nice drink, and a nice company.

“He said okay, he just said okay and look so stupidly at me. And you know what I did after that, Chaeng? I-“

And Lisa keeps going on and on. Usually Rosé will listen and join the conversation but today she’s not in a good mood (and already not for a few days now) so she just keeps silent.

Maybe this still can work, still can be fix, if you stop only seeing yourself and begin to care more about others, Rosé. I love you. I still love you. But I can’t do this anymore.

“Chaeng. Hey, Chaeng. Rosé!”

A hand in front of her face and her best friend loud voice snap Rosé from her own thought. She tilts her head and says, “Yes, Lisa? What else Mr. Choi did?”

“Actually I was talking about Mr. Kim. Ah, forget it. I know you’re not listening to me anyway.” Rosé just gives her an apologetic smile. “You’re thinking about him, aren't you?” And that smile gone right away.

Lisa sighs and says, “Just break up already. It’s not going to work. Even he admitted it, right?  And-“

“Lisa”, Rosé says sharply. “I don’t want to talk about it”

Lisa opens her mouth, ready to retort, but before she's able to say anything a voice cuts her off, “Why every time I see you you’re always with different person? At least this one has looks.”

“She’s my friend and unlike you I’m not sleeping with every people I talk with and I'm definitely not sleeping with my friends,” Lisa replies irritatedly. “And are you suppose to do your job, oh dearest bartender?”

The bartender just gives her a toothy grin and puts two glasses of vodka in front of them. ”I’m doing my job. Here, their treat,” she says while tilting her head to a corner where two guys look at them and raise their drinks. Lisa raises her drink back and stands up.

“I’m going to talk with them. Let’s continue this later, Chaeng. And bye, Soo.” With that Lisa makes her way to them and leaves Rosé alone with the bartender.

“And there she goes. Didn’t give us chance to say anything,” says the bartender Lisa called Soo. Rosé just nods, not in the mood to talk. “Not gonna join them?” A shake of the head. “Okay then.”

No words exchanged between them after that and that suits Rosé just fine. Usually she’s a talkative person but really, she’s not in the mood to talk.

I still love you, Rosé. I really do

Rosé shakes her head because of the memories and drinks her vodka in one shot. She pushes the glass to the bartender, wordlessly asking for more. When another glass placed in front of her, she drinks it again in one shot.

“Drowned in sorrow?” Hearing that question Rosé glares at the bartender.

“Don’t give me that look. You’re not the first person that does that anyway. I’ve saw people like you on daily basis.” The bartender pulls a pack of cigarettes from her pants pocket, takes one of the sticks, lights it up, and puts it on her mouth. She inhales and blows the smoke first before continuing, “Alcohol is good for relaxing and forgetting your problem but I know something more efficient and more enjoyable than that. Something involved bed, lack of clothes, and it needs two people, if you know what I mean. It can be done by more than two people at the same time too though, but I never try it.”

Rosé raises her eyebrow at that and for the first time she really sees the bartender. In the dim light she can see a not so tall woman, with a black hair, a bartender suit, and a cigarette in her mouth, smirking (oh so) naughtily at her.

“What’s in it for us if we do that?”

“Well, I can spend my night with a beautiful lady and I save you from having hung over tomorrow while you still having a free-from-problem night. I even won’t be there in the morning and we can act all casual next time we meet. You know, just one night stand.”

Rosé can’t help but chuckle at that. She eyed the bartender and says, “Sorry miss little bartender, but it takes more than that to take me to bed.”

***

It takes more than that to take me to bed

Well, that’s what she said and she means it, really. But now, somehow she finds herself pinned on her own bed in her apartment with somebody she just met a few hours ago. And damn, this black haired girl is such a good kisser.

“Take more than that to take you to bed, huh?” the girl teases lightly between kisses.

“It really did,” whines Rosé. It really did. It took a little more talk and a few more drinks. Not much yeah, Rosé admits that but it still-

The bartender pulls her into a deep kiss and Rosé lost all her abilities to think.

“Stop thinking too much,” the bartender says. ”On second thought, you don’t need to think at all. What I will do to you next will make you unable to do that anyway. Okay, Ro..sé? That’s your name right?”

“Yeah, and yours So- Oh, God.” Rosé unable to finish her line because Soo (It's Soo … right?) chooses that time to trail kisses around her neck. So Rosé decides to follow Soo's advice and stops thinking.

***

When Rosé wakes up the next morning, she’s alone, on her bed and in her apartment (but the soreness her body feels and some marks in her back remind her last night is not a dream). Rosé has no problem with that though, after all it's just one night stand.