Chapter 1

Jordyn POV

My name is Jordyn Lynn and I'm 14, I'm adopted. I have long dark brown hair light/hazel kinda eyes I'm Italian and also light skin. My mom is Jessica Clark and my dad left her when I was 8 so now we have been on our own have I have been telling her to find someone new to help her out but she doesn't want to because 'I'm all she needs'. We live in Atlanta, Georgia we moved there after my dad left us. She told me I was adopted at 9 right after my dad left, she tells me that I look like my mother everyday, and I don't like her telling me that because the woman that left me didn't want me and I feel guilty everyday because I think that I wasn't good enough or she didn't want anything to do with me. I have been trying to find her for the past 2 years now but I finally gave up because I know I shouldn't be looking for the person that gave me and try to see what she looks like and if I look like her.

" Jordyn come on we have to go now" " I'm coming let me put on my shoes please" right now we are going out for dinner we have a reservation at 8:30 and right now it's 8:24. So we're gonna be late because of me. " now we can go" I say as I'm walking to the door " it took you long enough we might lose our table because you was going sooooo slow" my mom says following right after me " well it's not my fault that I made reservation at 8:30 could've at least said 8:40 or something."

We got to the restaurant and got seated right away me and my mom had random conversations which was good I like talking to her about things. It's good to talk to my mom about what's going on in my head. Then the waiter came and after we got our food and my mom paid we left to go get ice cream.

" thank you" I say getting my ice cream " mom can I ask you something" I say looking at my phone and eating my ice cream "sure sweetie what's up" " have you ever look for my real mom" I say looking away from my phone " well yes when you was about 4 I wanted to look for her and see like what's her ethnicity because you are so beautiful." " i still wanna find her and ask her why she gave me but I know she probably gonna say no that she wanted me to have a better life and all that" I say getting up to throw my ice cream away " I mean maybe, you never know why she gave you maybe it was for a good reason."

*NEXT DAY*

I wake up to the sun in my face coming from the window. I roll over to get my phone off of the nightstand to check my social media. Then I get up go to the bathroom get in the shower and do my morning routine.

Today is the last day of school before the summer and I'm so excited because I'm suppose to be going with my best friend Lexie to California with her and her family and staying there for the whole summer because her family has a house out there.  I'm deciding not to go to school since I have to pack. We are leaving tomorrow so today I wanna do everything with my mom before I leave.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to find my mom who is making breakfast " good morning mommy" yes I still call her mommy sometimes it's okay " good morning beautiful" she say handing me my food, " so mom what are you going to do while I'm gone"

" while I'm gone how about you get yourself out there again" I say
" Jordyn it's not that easy to just go find someone after you'll been married for so long"
" dad found someone new like two years. Why can't you. I don't want you to be alone while I'm gone mom." I say with an attitude

I was so done with this conversation even though I'm the one that brought it up. But I couldn't help it I don't want my mom to be all alone when I leave to go to California.