Chapter 2

Jessica POV

I don't understand why Jordyn is not getting that I'm not ready to put myself out there again. When I was with her father it was pretty bad, and I didn't want her to know that I was getting abuse by him. She only saw ' the good' part of me and her dad's relationship. I didn't want her to see me hurt like I was, even though she did ask me questions like " mommy why do you have a mark on your neck" or " mommy are you ok? Why are you crying?" I hated that I lied to her but I know if I told anyone he would hurt me even if it was to my own daughter. All I want is for my little girl to be happy and not worry about me.

I went upstairs to get ready for work I took a shower and put on scrubs. I'm a travel nurse so a lot of times Jordyn is at by herself which she is old enough to be and plus she has a phone to call anyone to bring her something. I went to go to her room to tell her that I'm crying but as I'm coming up to her room I hear her crying. " hun are you okay?" I ask " yes mom. Can you please go" she say as she sniffle.

I sigh and walked away and went downstairs to leave for work but before I did I fed the dog Leo he is a golden retriever and let me tell you that he is the cutest thing ever. After I fed him I cut everything off downstairs and went to work.

Jordyn POV

I don't know why I'm crying but I am, my mom just left for work and I didn't even say love you or anything I just " can you please go" and I'm so messed up for that. I just want my biological mom I just wanna feel her touch I wanna hug her. Ugh why am I even crying over her, she the one that gave me up for no reason if there was a reason it's probably a dumb reason.

Crying for 2 hours straight I decided to get up and make myself feel good so I got in the shower. Then I put on a white tank top with black leggings. I went to go brush my teeth and do my nighttime routine.

I almost forgot that I was going to Malibu in California so I started packing and I have to get up very early but my mom is not here to take me to the airport but she gets off at 8 in the morning. Right as I was about to FaceTime Lexie I saw her name pop up.

"Hi. Omg I'm so excited for tomorrow" she say right when I answer the phone

" haha me too. Um I have a question"

" yes?" she say kind of scared of what I'm about to say

"can you guys pick me up?"

" omg you almost scared me haha but yes we can be ready at 4 the plane board at 6, maybe a little earlier but yeah"

" haha thank you! What are you packing because I don't know what to pick like I never been so I don't know."

We talked that whole night until it was time for us to get ready to leave for the airport. I was so tired but also excited I never anywhere else really so I'm ready to see what LA has ready for me.