1 minute

Eleven minutes 

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter pulls the mask over his head, smiling at the feeling it brings him and the sense of safety that weighs down upon him with it on. 

Like it makes him feel invincible. 

"Bye dad, I'm going patrolling," Peter calls out, while opening his door and wondering down to the common room where he knows his dad is. 

Tony turns around from where he is working on his Stark pad and smiles at Peter while nodding. "Sure kid, just stay safe okay," he replies, a glint of worry passing through his features. 

"I will dad don't worry," Peter replies before turning back around and leaving. 

(Don't go, please, turn back around. Don't leave tonight) 

-

The web connected with the next building and Peter sailed through the air, smiling as the wind rushed past him and birds swooped past him. His heart was beating steadily within his chest, faster than normal, though that was from the adrenaline. 

He could never get bored of this. 

Swinging over to a building he jumped down onto it, a warm smile on his face as his chest bubbled with the feeling of going patrolling and swinging around the city. And most importantly, helping people. 

"Karen, you got anything?" Peter chimes while sitting on the edge of the building. 

A beat of silence passes before Karen replies, 'not yet Peter, I'll let you know when I do.' 

Peter hums while thanking her before turning back to the skyline, his gaze settling on the setting sun. Pinks and oranges streak the sky like a piece of art and Peter can't help but smile at how beautiful it looks. 

(If only he had reacted sooner) 

Peter frowns slightly, feeling his senses begin to buzz away in his mind. He looked around him, trying to see anything that could be a danger to him. 

Seeing nothing he hesitated before standing up and moving back from where he was sat at the edge. 

"Karen, is there anything around?" Peter mumbles, spinning in a circle. 

Every second his senses becoming louder and louder. He can feel the hair on his arms and on the back of his neck stand on end and he knows something- something isn't right. 

'There is a snip-' 

Karen doesn't get the chance to finish before Peter can feel himself hitting the ground. Two, loud shots ring through the air. Silencing the never silent city, the air turning cold with fear and the once beauty of the city turning grey and cold. 

Peter can feel the pain rushing through his body, pulsating with every breath. 

"K, where- where am I shot?" Peter mumbles, his voice a little breathless from the pain. 

'You've been hit twice, both in major arteries. One in the right leg, your femoral artery. The other in your right arm in you brachial artery. I suggest immediate medical attention,' Karen replies quickly, worry lacing the AI's voice, Peter would have been shocked by this, but he was still trying to process Karen's words. 

Shot. 

Twice. 

In major arteries. 

(This wasn't meant to happen.)