10 minutes

Gone

-Third Person P.O.V- 

Peter could feel it creeping up on him, the shadows were growing darker and darker and he knew- he knew he couldn't last too much longer.

It was getting harder and harder to pull breath into his lungs, and his eyes kept slipping shut, no matter how many times he opened them and willed them to stay open, they would drift shut. 

The confusion that had fogged his brain not a minute ago fled and his mind reeled at the fact he was dying. 

He was really dying

Peter didn't want to die, he wanted to be with his mum and dad, he wanted to make sure they were okay. He knew it would hurt them without him, and he never- he never thought this would happen so soon. 

He wanted to cry, he wanted to fight. But he just didn't have the strength, he was so, so tired. 

(I never thought I would experience life without you ever again)

The calm was back and washing over him, dragging him down further and further. He could feel his lungs rattle in his chest with every precious breath of fresh air he took, never too sure on when it would be his last. 

'It's okay Peter, you're not alone,' Karen voices, making the teen smile a little. 

A wheezy breath was exhaled and he whispered, "thanks K, can- can yo- you do me a favour?" 

'Of course I can Peter,' she replies, her voice soft and comforting because he isn't alone anymore- he isn't- he isn't alone. 

"Make sure they're all okay," he mumbles, his voice slurring the words together, but Karen can still hear them clearly, and if AI's could cry, she know she would be right now. 

'I will Peter, don't worry. I'll keep them safe for you,' she speaks, her voice firm and unwavering. Promising. 

Peter smiles, but it soon cracks as a fresh wave of tears fell from his eyes- because God damn he didn't- he didn't want to die. 

(Tick tock, tick tock, thu-thump...Thu-thump)

Peter could feel it more and more with each second, his heart was trying in vain to keep up and darkness kept swarming his vision, trying to pull him down to the never ending odyssey of darkness. 

"Thank you K," he whispers, the last of his energy gone.

The stars shine a little brighter and the moon grows in size- or maybe they don't, Peter can't tell anymore. Blood is shining on the roof, reflecting the death that was growing closer and closer, seconds- seconds away. 

With one last smile, he allowed his eyes to slip shut. He could feel the peacefulness of the world wrap him in a warm blanket and pulled him down towards the never ending darkness people call death. 

(I miss you more with each day)

One more, shuddering breath fell from his lips before his chest fell still. Peters eyes were closed, and a single tear feel down onto the floor of the roof, reflecting the whole sky within the tear-drop. 

Peters heart slowed, every second a beat came slower and slower, until it came to a halt altogether. 

And Peter Stark was gone.

(It's okay Bambi, you can rest. I love you.)