Rainer: Birthright.

Brisk and wild winds caused chocolate strands to obscure Rainer's view.

Two warriors advanced from different sides of the arena.

Tussling the strands and clearing his sight the young Sunbarrow charged at the man to his right. This warrior was the older of his opponents, he had an old battle wound that caused him to limp on his right side...

Ramming into him with his shield caused the older warrior's guard to break. Using the advantage, the collision had caused him, Rainer moved to strike his weaker leg with his foot bringing his opponent to his knees. As the man struggled to stand and regain his footing the young lord struck him on the head with the pommel of his weapon sending the man docile.

Only two warriors remained.

The young Rainer Sunbarrow and his opponent.

This man was leaner than the last, less battle-worn, and far younger.

As Rainer turned to face him, he was met with the sight of the man charging him...

The impact brought the young lord to the floor and a voice called out from the sidelines.

"Eyes on both opponents."

Rainer growled as he jumped back up to his feet and met the man with sword.

The two weapons were caught in a clinch, it was a test of strength. Rainer's opponent was much burlier. But Rainer was taller.

Their strengths were evenly matched.

The young lord moved to strike with his shield, causing the man to stagger backward away from the clinch. Striking once more, this time with his weapon he struck the warrior's sword hand, forcing him to drop his weapon.

Keeping his blunted iron pointed at the warrior, Rainer guided his opponents' weapon away with his foot.

He had won...

Claps began to take sound and filled the air around him. Rainer turned his eyes to the sidelines, to his instructor.

"I thought he had you for a moment. Alas, it seems I have made you unbeatable. Even I dare not face you in this arena. For fear the student may have truly surpassed the master." There was a teasing grin on Sur Aldaric Whitbone's face. But also, pride beaming from his eyes. The master at arms looked upon his student as if he were a joyful and proud father.

"I was sloppy." Rainer critiqued himself harshly. Though it came from a desire to be the best. His father had pushed him to strive for perfection and so he did.

"My lord if half my men performed as you, I would be King of the Sundom." Aldaric had hopped the wall and entered the arena. He took the sword from his student's hand and met him with a firm grip on his forearm. The young Sunbarrow moved to return the gesture.

The pair seemed as if they had transcended the student-mentor relationship. Rainer saw the captain as family and it showed through their warrior's embrace.

He had been his trainer since he was a small boy and he often would see him more than his father. Though after the events of the day before that did not bother the young lord.

"It would seem you have an admirer, lord." Sur Aldaric directed the young Sunbarrow behind him.

There sat a young boy. One who shared the same golden gems, and dark hair. The child gleamed with excitement when his brother turned to face him.

Rainer patted his padded training armour and took to his knee, his arms opened wide for his brother who had taken to the wind and was charging at him.