VII

Did Dabi give me his number? How am I going to call him?

"Are you ready y/n!? We have to get going! I swear if you don't hurry up, we're not going." Bakugo screamed from the living room. How was I going to tell him where the place is?

"Coming!" I screamed back.

There was a knock on my door.

"Who is it!?" I got into my regular clothes.

"I'm going to open," Midoriya informed from the other side of the door. I don't remember what happened, yet I do.

"Okay," I responded.

He opened the door and walked in. I quickly glanced at him, he stood by the door. I slid off the shirt he had brought me.

"Your dad wanted to talk to you. About what happened. Do you want to talk about it?" I tilted my head lightly. "There's nothing to talk about. I don't remember anything happening." That was a lie. I remembered all the times Todoroki froze me. Those seconds I couldn't breathe. Just to be melted and frozen again.

"Do you have any idea what could have triggered it?" I couldn't tell him Bakugo triggered something I didn't know about.

"Nope. I don't know why or how it happened. Let's stop asking all these questions. Are we ready?" I grabbed a pack of toothpicks from my countertop and stuffed them into my jacket.

"Yea, we were just waiting on you. Are you done?" I swung around towards him. I smiled.

"I am. Let's go. Who's not racing tonight? And who is?" I locked the door to my room after he got out. Now that I realize it, I never actually been into Midoriya's room. Or have I?

"Uraraka said she didn't want to race. Mina isn't either. Tsuyu isn't either, Jirou and Momo are, all the guys are going to so it's going to be a tough one." He smirked.

"Ready to eat my dust? I'm sure Bakugo is going to be pissed when I win this one too." I mocked.

Suddenly we weren't getting along anymore.

"Bakugo?" He asked. And there he went again with his stupid jealousy. We haven't even been dating for a day, I've only been here two weeks, and he isn't even my real boyfriend. He has no place to be jealous.

"You two are the best in the class. I have a reason for wanting to beat you don't I?" We were almost out to the living room. I hated talking to him alone, he always found a way to be mad about something.

"It's just a friendly race." He smiled now. The way when he's alone with me, and when he's with everyone. That smile I rarely see, that fake smile he always carries.

"Your right it is. Is Aizawa going to be here for this one!?" This whole week I went to school has been better than any of my experiences in California. These people didn't use me to see All Might, well he is a teacher so that probably explains it.

"No, I don't think he is. He rarely comes, and when he does like last time, he invites us to eat afterward." Probably the best teacher ever to exist. Despite his sluggish looks, the man knows how to have fun.

"My teachers in California would bug us for every little thing we did. I never expected to actually like school." I liked this feeling. The feeling of have friends that didn't just use me.

"I'm glad you like it. I'm sure there are other things you'll like." He smiled again. I felt a small flutter inside me, something I've never felt before. Was I going to go crazy mode again? I hope not.

He reached for my hand and grasped it in his. I looked at our hands, he lifted my chin so I looked into his face. "I'm glad you made that bet." He whispered.