XVII

I woke up to the arms of Midoriya. He was looking down at me. Watching me sleep.

  "I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now." I sighed. Pushing off his huge arms. I couldn't believe what had happened. It all happened in one night, I had no idea what time of the day it was.

  "It's four in the afternoon. You couldn't sleep." I took a small look at him from the side of my eye. He lay in my bed shirtless. I hated when he did that.

  "Why didn't anyone wake me up!? How is he?" I reached down for my shirt on the ground.

  "You went to sleep pretty late and got into an accident, it makes sense why people didn't want to wake you." I heard the slight shuffles of him getting up from my bed.

  "How long were you laying there staring at me sleep?" I turned around fully to face him. We stared at each other. His eyes were swollen as if he didn't get any sleep at all.

  He paused. As if his brain had turned off completely.

  Then he answered. "I didn't get much sleep. But I'm fine, they're all at the hospital if you want to go right now. We could get something to eat on the way." I shook my head. I was too scared to eat. I had no idea in what condition Bakugo was in. Or if he was even alive. Knowing these people, they would try their hardest to hide it from me.

  "I'm not hungry. Let's go." I reached for my jacket and keys. Forgetting all about my phone. I felt as something got taken away from me. I looked at both hands. My keys were gone.

  "You're not driving." He said bluntly. I took my keys back.

  "You haven't slept. I'm in more driving conditions than you are. And believe me, I don't want to get into another car accident." I pointed a finger at him. Part of me still didn't believe his whole story, but I had to. I had to believe that he was telling me the truth and wasn't lying to me.

  I snatched my keys carefully and walked over to the door.

  A small tug on the doorknob and it was off. I took a deep breath and pulled open the door. I wasn't too happy this morning.

  "Here. You need to calm down." He held something small, I could see it from the side of my eye. I looked at his hand and saw that it was a toothpick.

  I pushed it away. I was calm. I just wasn't in the mood for anything.

  "When I find out who did this I might actually go to jail. Let's just hope they were satisfied with hurting you and left. Because when I do find them, let's just say it's not going to be pretty." I slammed down the button to the elevator.

  "Stop over exaderating. They're going to find who did this, you just won't get in the way. If not, you're no better than they are." The elevator door opened slowly. The moment I could slip through I did. I was impatient, I needed to get to the hospital now.

  "Your dad called this morning." He whispered.

  I ignored him. I didn't want to hear a word from him. Now that everything was hitting back at me, I was coming to realize that I didn't like him very much. He blamed me for something that was clear I didn't do. He even threatened his own wife to jail. The woman he loved, just goes to show he'll do anything for this so-called 'justice'.

  "He wanted to apologize but you were asleep." I shrugged, I didn't care about him. Not at this moment.

  "He's your dad!" His voice slowly raised.

  I glared at him. I wanted to say it. I wanted to say it so bad. But I knew I couldn't. So I just shrugged again.

  "Do you have any idea what it is to not have one? You should be gratefu-" I didn't let him finish that sentence, I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to feel guilty because someone else didn't have a dad and I did.