𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 - 𝐖𝐁

꒰ written by @moviehyuns ꒱

—————

first day of college, a new life. the day you meet new people. not one friend from your high school had got into the same college as you so it was clear to say that you were alone for the first day.

stepping outside your new apartments as already making you nervous, your legs were shaking in the cold breeze as well, ready to collapse. people, mostly other students walking in tiny groups, adults walking their young children and cars driving at casual speeds. everything felt normal but yourself. suddenly, you felt a sharp, heavy pressure on your foot.

"ah!", you stumbled forward on your feet and fell onto all fours and then picking up your notebook and files up, not realising what had just happened in front of you. "i- oh my... i- i'm sorry!", a handsome figure standing with his hand held out. he looked like another regular student just passing. his hair wasn't natural, clearly dyed a silver colour.

"it's okay, don't worry... sorry about that-", you replied and you were hand in hand with each other as he helped you up and standing up right again. you had lost track of time and looked away for a second and decided that you had to leave.

"um, i think i need to get going. i'm going to run late for school if i don't start moving now... once again, i'm really sorry, bye!", you were already on the move while you were speaking the few final words and waved. he waved back but still seemed to be following you slowly from behind. it wasn't creepy, you just assumed he was walking towards the same directions as you.

- at school -

first thing of the school morning was an assembly (i'm from a British school so if you don't know what an "assembly" is it's just a gathering of one or more grades/year groups together). every new student, like you, were now gathering together and taking their selected seats and teachers were sitting at the back or standing and watching at the sides.

more and more students kept flooding in and sitting down in the auditorium but just one student had your eyes fixed, silver head... this morning, tall and handsome. he was walking closer nearer to your seat but didn't sit anywhere near you. you didn't know if he had seen you too, well at least you wished he did.

the assembly started shortly after.

- after assembly -

the bell was ringing, piercing everyone's ears. groaning and several, more like hundreds, of arms being stretched were heard and seen in all directions. seconds after it was so loud, everyone talking or yelling at others to move out the way to leave the auditorium early.

right now, at your old school, you would be at the library picking out new books to read. you were exploring the school campus as you were doing so, making your way to the new library alone. you saw a different friend groups. you wished your friends were there with you as well.

at last, the library. your eyes were wide open as it was filled with shelves that were perfectly stocked up with books and files. boxes of even more books were stacked up open next to shelves on the ground as well. this was the place you wished to be in everyday. study groups were already sat done at tables with papers and several textbooks open. it was just what you and your ideal new friend group would look like in the next few weeks...

you walked between aisle's of bookshelves and reading blurbs and staring at covers of different books. you get by next term you would have read half of the books of the whole library.

without notice, you felt a warm embrace on top of your hand while reaching for another book. you jolted your hand off the book at the sudden feeling and faced to where it had came from.

"sorr- oh! you again? the one i bumped into on the street this morning?", his voice sounded as if he was really surprised. you locked eyes with the person and instantly recognised him and time went still once again. "oh yeah, hi! seems like we go to the same school now...", you smiled and reached your hand out for a handshake, he reached out his to greet you.

"my name is y/n by the way, nice to meet you. properly now...", you introduced yourself. "hi! i'm woobin, nice to meet you too. if we are really going to be seeing each other this much, perhaps we could be friends?", his voice went quieter and softer towards the end as if he was shy. you nodded as your response as smiled.

"did you want to pick out the same book i was going to get or...?", he asked. "maybe i should be asking that, i was technically already touching it first...", you joked and you noticed your words made him laugh causing you to laughing gently. "i like your attitude but it's alright. you can read it first and then maybe you could just pass it to me when you finish it?", he asked. "yep! sounds good to me.".

the bell rang once again meaning that it was really about to be the first part of college and that it was time to part ways, well that's what you thought. "want to walk and find out classes together then catch up for break?", you asked him while taking out the book again from the shelf. "of course!", he replied and started leaving the library with all the other students as well.

you weren't alone anymore, you were walking and talking happily with someone you thought would match you very well. someone that could last the next few years at this school...