Songbird

(A/N): Comment because I want you to.

I'm (Y/N) a new student at Collége Françoise Dupont. I just moved here from America because of some private matters. My parents are somewhere... just not Paris. I live in a nice apartment, overlooking some trees. School starts tomorrow so I'm going to look around so I'm not late tomorrow. I walk around the apartment for a while and walk into a lot of buildings. Free sample collecting is an honorable pass time. Eventually I get a bit tired so I go and look at ways to get around. I'm a little paranoid so the idea of hopping into a stranger's car seems like a stretch. Public transportation like buses are ok but I'm not waiting for the bus at 5 in the morning when I only live one mile from the school.

I walk into a bike shop and find a skate board, a scooter, roller skates, and a bike. Of course I'm not coordinated enough for any of those. I just got of my training wheels a few weeks ago. I buy a light blue bike and ride it to a nearby creek. I mount my bike to a post and walk over to the creek with my phone. It's really pretty outside. I take out my phone and start looking at memes. It gets pretty boring because I've seen all of them already. How many "A very good friend" memes can one handle. All of them.

A bird's nest falls into the water and I jump in after it. I don't know why. I mean birds float so there's no reason for me to get my shoes wet. I definitely regret my decision of jumping into the water but not saving the bird isn't going to make my socks and drier now. 3 little chicks and a nest. They're definitely cute. Not damp shoes cute but cute enough for me to not throw them back into the water.

"Hello young lady. I saw what you did just now. It was very honorable," A small old man says behind me.

"Swiper no Swiping!" I shout as I slap him across the face.

He falters a bit and smiles, "I suppose that was my fault, afterall I did approach you because of how you think on your feet."

"I-I'm so sorry. In America It's attack then ask," I apologize and help him up.

"Do not worry about it. Nothing a 160 year old can't handle. My name's Master Fu."

"My name's (Y/n)."

"Yes, you have kindness, resilience," he touches his cheek that is still red from impact and laughs "not to mention spirit. You would make a fine miraculous holder indeed"

"Ah, thank you?" I say in return.

Master Fu reaches into his bag and grabs a small black choker with a small silver wing and a blue sapphire. "Please accept this in return for your good deed."

"Woah there, this is a bomb free zone...oh I'm sorry. My skin turns green when I wear fake metal and I mean fake metal around my throat doesn't seem great. You see I'm not a 7th grade 'gangster' boy... I mean I see the connection but umm no thank you."

"Please take it," Master Fu smiles gently.

"Listen dude I don't know why you want to get rid of that so badly but the pawn shops right there. You could get like 5 bucks from that."

"Stubborn, perfect for the ox miraculous. In all honesty I would have given you the ladybug miraculous but you seem to have a way with birds. Please just take this finch necklace... you'll understand when you get home. Put it on in private."

He sets the jewelry box down and leaves me. I cover my face and open the box up. Where is this hidden camera. Does it emit poison or something? There is no way I'm taking this home with me, but it is a pretty choker. I go into a small bakery and put on the choker. It's cute and I can't seem to find a tracker  or camera so I think I will keep it. Because I don't turn green wearing fake jewelry and I'm not nice enough to return it. His bad for assuming otherwise. Is this what having a sugar daddy's like?