10

゚+*:ꔫ:*                birth              ﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚

Beverly and Tate walk into the basement to where they hear Nora crying

"Who are you?" She questions sniffling.

"It's us, Tate and Beverly." Tate slowly says.

"Life's too short for so much sorrow." Beverly quotes what Nora had said to the years ago.

"You're wrong." Nora shakes her head. "It's an eternity. Just endless days and nights of longing; where's my baby?" She starts to lightly sob.

"That's what we want to talk to you about."

"You, you both promised me. You-" She points at Tate "-made one with her, the-the lady of the house."

"Vivian. That's Violet's mother. And we can't give you that baby anymore. Everything's changed, Nora. Bev's in love with Violet."

"I see-" Nora looks down.

"We just can't take her brother away." Beverly says.

"But I can. And I will." Nora walks up to the twins.

"That baby is mine."

゚+*:ꔫ:* 

"What's gonna happen when they get back?" Violet questions her girlfriend who is sitting on her bed, typing on her laptop. "What do I say?" Violet walks over, looking at what the other girl was typing.

"It's not utube with a U. It's YouTube. Y-O-U."

"Oh" Beverly looks down in embarrassment.

"If they find out I killed myself, they'll go insane. Literally, for real this time. They can't know."

"Well you cant control it forever. I mean, it is what it is, Violet." Beverly says while looking towards her.

"One of these days, this computer will be obsolete. People will have microchips implanted in their brains or something. We won't be able to watch YouTube or anything. We'll be like all the others here; prisoners in a windowless cell. Who's gonna show me the new ways of the world?Nobody here is happy, Beverly."

"Well, yeah, but they're not like us. They're lonely. We have each other." Beverly smiles taking Violets hand.

"We'll never have kids."

"We're lesbians Violet, I don't think-"

"We could have adopted." They both stop as they hear a lullaby start to play.

"Come on." Violet drags Beverly out of her room and towards the other, slamming the door open.

"Who asked you to decorate the nursery?" Violet questions the other queer couple.

"Let be break it down for you, sweetheart. This is our house and we're having twins." Chad says matter-of-factly.

"Who's your surrogate, one of those nurses in my basement?" Violet grins smugly.

"No. . . No. A very, very human surrogate, Elvira. Your lovely mother."

"You think you're gonna steal those twins? You pathetic men couldn't steal the shit out of your own ass!" Beverly says aggressively.

"You know what." Violet interrupts the two men's laughing. " It doesn't matter. As soon as my parents get back, we're leaving here. They're leaving. So knock yourselves out."

"Honey, your parents aren't going anywhere as long as you're stuck here." Chad says before his lover speaks. "And don't you get all snotty, little sister. You'll be begging to babysit. As big as this place is, it does get very, very lonely."

"It could get ugly, though. We're you a C-section? Is there an existing zipper we might use?" Chad taunts.

"Watch it, you goddamn queen." Beverly spits at him.

"Oh, I am quaking in my loafers." Chad now turns his attention to her. "What are you gonna do. . .

. . .Murder me?"

゚+*:ꔫ:* 

"What did she say?" Beverly questions Violet as she walks into her room, Tate right behind her.

"We have to get something of his. Something important. Like an air loom or a ring. Like a talisman. If we have the talisman and we do this special ritual, he'll be gone." Violet explains.

"That sounds like bullshit." Beverly shakes her head.

"Billie Dean's for real. She studies this stuff. The bigger guy, he wears a ring. It's like a wedding ring, but I can't remember which hand it's on-"

"I don't trust her!" Beverly interrupts. "Now, why'd she say all that stuff about us?" She says referring back to when Billie yelled at them.

"We did something bad, didn't we?" Tate finally says.

"Let's just get the ring." Violet says instead.

゚+*:ꔫ:* 

"My mom is dead." Violet muttered as Beverly sits up on the bed.

"In so sorry." Beverly takes her hands. "I know you were close."

"Yeah, we were. My dad's down there all alone now."

"That makes me sad. I like your dad. He was nice to me and Tate."

"He's nice to all his patients. Even the ones who lie to him."

"What?" Beverly tilts her head

"Why did either of you start seeing him in the first place? Constance thought you needed help."

"We did. We do."

"You new you were dead."

"Yeah." Beverly swallows nervously. "I knew. We knew."

"Do you know why?"

"The cops shot us. Right here in this room."

"Why? Why did they shoot you?" Violet continues to question.

"I don't know."

"You murdered people, Beverly. Kids. Like us. The kids that came to us on Halloween."

"Why would we do that?" Beverly cries. "Why would we do that? No. . . Why would I do that?" Beverly continues to cry.

"I don't know. Why'd you kill those guys who lived here before us? Why would you let Tate rape my mother?"

"I'm sorry." Beverly sniffles. "I'm sorry. We were different then. I was different then."

"I used to think that you were like me." Violet scoffs. "You were attracted to the darkness, but, Beverly, you are the darkness."

"No. Before you, that's all there was. You're the only light I've ever known. You've changed me, Violet."

"I believe that." Violet caresses Beverly's face. "I love you, Beverly. But I can't forgive you. You have to pay for what you did. All the pain you caused. All the sorrow. You murdered my mother."

"No!" Beverly yells.

"You did!" Violet screams back. "That baby--whatever it was--it killed her. I can't be with you. I won't be with you."

"W-what are you saying?" Beverly studders.

"I'm saying go away."

"What? No, no, please, don't do this."

"Go away, Beverly!"

"You're all I want! You're all I have!'

"GO AWAY!"