Chapter One

I have to run. I won't ever see her again, but I have to run.' She sighed. 'Farwell Alec. May you find love as we had once again. '

Five Years Later...

When Alec walked into the room she felt something strangely familiar. A feeling from her past. She looked around but she noticed nothing from her past.

She sat at a table in the far corner of the room, after a minute she noticed someone walking towards her with 2 drinks.

The woman placed one of the drinks on the table along with a koruna and walked away to a private both on the other side of the room. Alec picked up the koruna. She couldn't understand it, but something felt familiar about that coin.

She looked in the direction of where the strange woman went, but she couldn't see past the wall. Alec picked up the drink the woman had left on the table. She knew what the drink was after just one sip.

Hmm. interesting choice of cocktail." She thought.

"I need to go find her."

She walked over to the bar and asked for a dry martini. She looked to her left and saw her sitting at a table alone. She took the martini and walked out into the alley behind the bar.  She waited for about 5 minutes before she decided to walk home. She turned the corner and started to walk down the street when she heard the alley door open. She stepped off the street and back into the side of the alley.

She saw the woman from the bar looking at her. She stepped back in fear as she saw wings extend from the woman's back. The woman ran at Alec, grabbed her, and carried her into the air.

Alec instinctively wrapped her arms around the woman's neck and buried her face.

'WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!'

After a minute Alec calmed down and looked up at the woman. She couldn't see her face but she knew there was something familiar about her. She felt strangely safe with her. She relaxed a little and soon fell asleep.

8 hours later...

Alec woke up with a yawn and a stretch. The whole room was dark, lit only by a single candle on the floor next to her.

"You're awake. Good."

Alec backed up to the wall. She could hear the woman, but couldn't see her. The woman stepped closer to the light. Alec still couldn't see her face but she did see one thing from their prior encounter.

Her wings.

She had only seen wings like them once before.

"Who are you? Why am I here?"

Alec was trying to find the woman's eyes in the darkness.

"All in good time. Have you met him yet? Your satyr?" Alec blinked in confusion.

"No. I didn't even know I had one." Nyx sighed.

"Your father was human then, yes?"

"Yes," Alec said slowly, still confused. 

 "Will you just tell me who the hell you are?!"

Nyx sighed.

"My name is Nyx. my parents are..." Nyx trailed off. "Well, I don't like to talk about them all that much. What was your father's name?"

"H-his name was Alexi. Why do you need to know?" Alec stuttered as Nyx stepped back into the shadows.

"I was just curious." Alec heard the door open and close.

"Nyx? Nyx?"

She stood up and picked up the candle. Nyx was gone. She used the candle to find her way out of the house.

'I guess I'm gonna have to climb so I can see.' she thought. She sighed and took to the side of the nearest building, climbed it, and started jumping roof to roof until she made it home.