Chapter Five

"Hey, mom! Sorry I'm late. I was mildly err... delayed." 

"darling! It's lovely to see you again. I've prepared the bedroom for you and your friend."

 "My slut." She looked around at the other demons in the castle as she put her arm around Alec protectively. 

"sorry about that." she whispered. 

"it's alright. I didn't mind." Alec whispered

'Wow. this place is huge!' Alec thought as she looked around dumbfounded. 

"Your father is resting in your old room."

 "we'll go see him." She led Alec up the stairwell to their left and to the room at the far end of the hallway. Nyx opened the door silently and gestured for Alec to follow her. She shut the door and walked over to the bed. She pulled back one of the curtains and saw her father lying there, his breathing shallow. She knelt at the side of the bed while Alec stood just out of sight. 

"Dad? Are you awake?" he moved his hand onto hers.

 "That's alright. You don't have to speak."

 'you know I'm dying nyxandra. You're going to have to take over for me.' 

'i know that.' they had to communicate through thoughts.

 'So why did you come down here? You didn't have to see me before I died.' Nyx sighed. 

'I didn't come for you. I came because mom asked me to. She thought it would be good for me to see you right before you died. Something about passing a treasure.'

 'it's on the nightstand of your new room. His breathing had practically stopped. 'Goodbye nyxandra. Please, do right by the people of this kingdom.' he told her as the final breath left his body and all color drained from him. She closed his eyes and shut the curtains around the bed. Nyx walked over to alec and looked at her with no sign of mourning.

 "I have to go find mom. If you go up the hall and to the left you will find our bedroom. Ill see you soon." she gently kissed alec on the cheek and went off to find her mom. 

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. IM SUFFERING FROM WRITERS BLOCK. I WILL WRITE MORE AS SOON AS I CAN.