Paranoia

Ebizo had called the group the next day and requested for them to meet up. He hinted that he had a 'surprise' for them - in truth, he had no idea how this was going to work. He hadn't even told his parents about the tickets yet.

Koichi and Akoto were the first to arrive. Since it was a hot, sunny day, they were meeting on a bench in the park. Ebizo was surprised to see Koichi unaccompanied by his parents.

"I knew we'd be the first ones here!" Koichi chirped as he sat down next to Ebizo. "I told Akoto to leave early, since we don't know what we could've run into. There could've been roadworks!"

Ebizo blinked. "Didn't you walk here? Why would roadworks effect you?"

"That's what I tried to tell him!" Akoto whined, "He wouldn't listen... we're still waiting on Aurora and Chieko, right?"

"Aurora should be here soon. I'm expecting Chieko to be late," Ebizo admitted, "I, uh... told her an earlier time. So she hopefully wouldn't be late."

"That backfired," Akoto rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I hope you've planned something good. It's getting a bit boring out here. There's not much stuff to do when you're a teen..."

Thankfully, Aurora showed up a second later. "Sorry I'm late! I couldn't decide what to wear... it's hot, and I didn't know if I should wear shorts or a skirt..."  she muttered.

"Did you see Chieko on the way here?" Koichi asked her, "She's late, too... I don't think she's taking this Persona thing very seriously..."

"I heard that!" Chieko jogged up to the group, an annoyed look on her face. "I thought I could jog here instead of taking my car, since there's no parking spaces around here."

"Okay, finally... we're all here," Ebizo sighed and showed everyone the tickets to the concert. "I got these tickets to some Alice concert in Kyoto. Do you guys think you could make it?"

"Shut. Up. No way!" Chieko's mouth fell open. "I thought those tickets were all sold out! And the second hand ones are crazy expensive!"

"I-Isn't Kyoto kinda dangerous at night?" Koichi frowned. "Um... I'm pretty sure the trains stop at eight... we couldn't get back in time... oh, concerts are awfully late, aren't they?"

"I can totally drive us there!" Chirped Chieko, "You can count on me! I'll just sleep in and take some coffee. We'll be fine!"

"U-Um... are you sure you can drive that much? Kyoto isn't exactly next door," Aurora warned her, "I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to stop for the night."

Chieko rolled her eyes. "Psssh. I'll be fine! Anything to see Alice! Ooh, you guys are gonna love it! I heard that she wears custom clothes to all of her concerts!"

"We'd better tell our parents, then. Hopefully they'll let us go..." Aurora sighed. "It sounds super exciting. I've never been to Kyoto before... I've only seen it in movies!"

"We're not gonna find time to do some sightseeing, are we?" Akoto whined, "I wanted to visit the cool temples and shrines..."

"I suppose we could see something in the afternoon whilst we try to find something to eat," Ebizo suggested, "I, uh, didn't think you'd be into that sort of thing, Akoto. I thought you'd be more interested in the ramen."

"Oh, I am!" Akoto grinned. "I hope we go to the best ramen place ever! But, uh... I-I think it would be a cool place to take pictures and stuff, I guess..."

"It's decided. Let's see if our parents will agree to it." Ebizo chuckled nervously. His father was protective - if he found out, he might say no due to 'crime rates' or something.