Sleepy

[LOKI POV]

My heart burned with sorrow. It had ben one agonizing week since the event. I could think straight, or do anything but mourn. My brother, my best friend, my confidant, gone. Reduced to dust. He was my other half, I am incomplete without him. The others had not a clue of the incredible things he has done. He was always encouraging me to be strong, without him, how am I expected to be?

A light knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. I debated on whether to answer.

Reluctantly, I stood and opened the door. No one was in sight. I looked to the ground and saw a tray with food, water and a note.

Made this for you from a recipe Brunnhilde gave me. Some of the ingredients had to be subbed, so, sorry if it dosn't taste like it's supposed to. Curse you, boring earth spices!

I'm always here if you wanna talk. 🖤

-Y/N

Her kindness astonishes me every time. Even though she too, was mourning the loss of her companions, she still wanted to help others before herself. It was obvious that I was falling for her sweet words, kind heart and brilliant mind.

I took the tray and retreated to my room, opening a book. For Allfather knows why, I hesitated. I could use some company. I had no need to guess where I could find her. The amount of time it would take to get to her usual spot was long, and the absence of her figure outside was further confirmation of my idea. I stood and left my room, walking down the hall, towards the one place she was most of the time.

I opened the library doors, and was pleased to see her, curled on the long couch, nose in a book. A smile formed on my face, she hadn't noticed me yet. I slowly approached the couch, touching the tray lightly to the top of her head. She jumped and turned around, dropping her book. My smile widened, she had a way of doing that, making me smile uncontrollably. A simple glance into her eyes could brighten even the darkest of hearts.

"You scared the life out of me." She said, smiling warmly. I felt as if her smile was melting me, like an icicle in the sun.

"What's up? Is the food weird, cause there was this one ingredient that it needed and I had no clue what it would sub for."

"I figured you may want some company, and I have not yet tried this." I replied, joining her on the couch.

"Oh, cool." She relaxed back into the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[still Loki's pov]

We had spent the time reading together. The sun had long set, and the stars were visible outside the window.

"I'm just gonna sleep here tonight." She joked, draping her book over her face.

"Oh, that's unfortunate, because I'm already sleeping here." I replied, closing my eyes.

"I was here first." she teased. I made a snoring sound. She scoffed and moved to stand. I took her arm, halting her. My eyes opened to see her, halfway standing. I pulled swiftly, bringing her forward to my chest.

"There's plenty of room for both of us, darling." I mused, face once again uncontrollably twisting into a smile.

" 'Mkay whatever, King of Sarcasm." She brought herself to lay in a more comfortable position, but not leaving where I moved her.

"I'm beginning to enjoy that title, darling." I commented, adjusting my arms. She let out a huff and turned her head to face me. "If you dislike your title, I'll stop." I added. I hoped it didn't truly bother her.

"No, its fine." She turned away from me. "As long as I can call you yours."

"A fair deal."

She relaxed, closing her eyes. Having her close like this was intoxicating. Her arms were loosley draped over my chest, and her head was resting on my shoulder. She must be an angel sent from Vallhalla. I thought, gazing at her. I felt that strange sensation in my chest again as her warm breath grazed my skin. After all these years, I thought I had no need for love, one look into her eyes, and I proved myself wrong. In such a short amount of time, she had managed to steal my heart. Love. A dangerous word. A word I never thought I would use. I do not know how to love, or what love is. How can I properly utilize a word I have no knowledge of? All I know is that a mortal has stolen my heart from within my chest. Something as simple as her hand touching mine could send my heart fluttering around, wildly. Her allowing me to address her with a term of endearment made me hopeful that she shared my feelings. If she felt nothing for me, she certainly would not be laying with me as she is now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

HECKING CUTE WE LOVE A FULL LOKI CHAPTERRRR

Me, trying to figure out if the way Loki and YN are laying makes anotomical sense:

I legit sit with a pillow sometimes and try to see if what im describing is even physically possible LMAOO

ALSO PLS CHECK OUT MY NEWEST BOOK IM ALREADY OBSESSED WITH IT AND WERE ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS INNNN