A Soul for a Soul

I stood on the battlefield, watching Thanos' army fade away. The field erupted in cheers and I walked to where Loki had been. He reappeared in a flash of green, smiling so much, I thought his face would get stuck like that.

"You doing okay?" I asked, kneeling down to assess his wounds.

"I am now." Loki responded, trying to stand. He moved his leg and grunted in pain, flopping back down on the ground. "Well, that is debatable." he corrected, wincing. I tore a piece of my suit and wrapped it around his wound, tying it tightly to stop it from bleeding more.

Tony, Steve, and Clint made their way over. They were injured, I dont think anyone wasnt, but smiling like it was the best day of their lives, probably because it was. I held up the Soul Stone.

"I'm not finished yet." I said, staring at the group. "I'm making an exchange." Clint's face brightened, he immediately understood what I was referring to.

"Y/N, I dont think that will work." Steve spoke, still in soldier-mode.

"It might." Tony stepped out of his suit and looked from the stone to me. I could practically see the gears turning in his brain, trying to figure out if what I was planning would work.

"How I get to the Soul Temple is the question." I muttered, placing a hand on my chin and thinking.

"Close your eyes and hold it up." Loki told me. Everyone turned to him, and the three gave him greatful looks.

Tony and Steve went to either side of the god and helped him stand, walking back to stand across from me.
I grinned to everyone, then closed my eyes and slowly raised the stone in the air.

I felt nothing change.

I opened my eyes, expecting to see the same scene I had just closed them to.

Instead, I opened them and saw that everything was darker, more imposing and dull. Huge, mountain-like rocks were all around.

This is it. The Soul Temple.

I walked forward, the only direction I could go, and stopped when I saw a dark figure standing at the edge of a cliff.

"What brings you here?" the figure inquired, revealing its face to me. His face was deep red, with skin pulled tight over his cavernous skull. The figure had deep cheekbones and seemingly neverending eye sockets.

"I've come to make an exchange." I stated, holding the Soul Stone out. "A soul for a soul." The man puzzled at the sight for a moment.

"Very well. Who's soul?" he asked, stunning me with how easy this was.

"Natasha Romanoff." I told him, standing tall to hide the fact that I was begging for it to work with every fiber of my being.

The man tapped a finger to his chin and nodded. Suddenly, Nat appeared in front of me, laying on the ground, sleeping peacefully. Her face was relaxed and she looked happy.

"Is there a price?" I asked, suspicious of the ease of what I was doing.

"A fair trade, a soul for a soul." the man stated, motioning from the stone to Nat.

"-and she will be just as if this never happened? Returned to her normal state?" I inquired further.

"Yes."

I knelt down beside Nat and touched her shoulder. She fazed away as soon as my hand met her skin. I turned to the man with fury in my eyes.

"Until I am holding that stone, she will not be here."

I held the Soul Stone out to him and he took it. Nat appeared a second later, sleeping just like her illusion was. "Thank you." I told the red skinned man as I went to Nat's side. I gently shook her awake, and she sat up, glancing around. "Nat?" I asked, looking at her. "Its me." she blinked, and put a hand to my face, trying to gauge if I was real or not.

"Y/N?" she looked around and her eyes widened. "What did you do?" she asked, grabbing my face and scanning it over.

"I used the Soul Stone, dont worry." I told her. She breathed a sigh of relif and let her shoulders fall. "-but I would trade my soul for yours, if I had to. Without hesitation." Nat wrapped me in a big hug. It felt amazing to be able to hug her again. I had missed her. Nat smiled and stood with me, turning to the red skinned man.

In an instant, we were both back on the battlefield. I saw Clint nearly burst into tears, Tony smiled proudly and Steve gave me a nod of affirmation. Loki grinned from between Tony and Steve, standing a bit better than he had been.

Nat was instantly smothered by Clint, hugging her so tight I thought she may burst.

"So what now?" an approaching voice asked. I saw our entire army walking towards us, a man in a black cat outfit leading them.

Peter dashed over, seemingly appearing out of thin air, and nearly knocked me over, throwing his arms around me. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I confirmed that he was, indeed real.

"Mr, Stark told me I was gone for five years." he said, stepping back. "That's crazy." I nodded, swiping a stray tear away.

"I missed you spidey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL MY READERS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AAAAA
💓💘💟💞💟🖤💘🧡💙💝🧡💙💛💟💟💚❣💛💝💌🧡💔❣💛💙💙💛💟💚❣

Memes bby!!!!

Me, waiting for my readers reactions when they see I brought Nat back:

Nat when she wakes up in the Soul Temple:

Thanos'army when they see him dissapear: