🥀﹙001﹚𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞? ━ ° 爱 ⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄  ೃ

𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞? ━ ° 爱 ⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄  ೃ

⊱ ━━━━━━.⋅ ꕥ ⋅.━━━━━━ ⊰

Darkness.

That was all Aurelia saw. It was everywhere around her, encircling her, suffocating her. No matter how hard she searched for a light, there was none to be found.

A sudden voice called out to her, soft and pleading.

Help me, it said.

She whispered back, Where are you?

The voice did not answer her, and the overwhelming sense of loneliness returned to Aurelia once again. She began to panick, flailing around in hopes of hitting something, anything; but there was only empty space and total darkness.

Darkness.

Aurelia's eyes snapped open, body lurching forward and breath coming out heavily. Where... where was she? It looked like a courtroom, though completely unfamiliar to her. There were several men, either her age or older, that sat in the adjacent chairs, all looking at her.

Her face burned. Had they witnessed her nightmare?

The man who sat in the middle began to speak. He had smoldering red hair and rustic bronze skin, yet had the brightest smile on his face as he regarded her, "Welcome to Devildom, Aurelia!"

Aurelia stared at him, mouth dry. Her maroon eyes flitted across the room, searching for an exit. Something told her, however, that even if she managed to escape the room, she would not be free.

"... Oh, pardon me," the man continued, seemingly not noticing her apprehension. "Feeling a bit shocked, are we? Well, that's understandable. You've only just arrived, after all. As a human, it will probably take a while for you to adjust to the Devildom."

As a human? Were they not... were they not human?

"I don't... I don't understand," Aurelia frowned. "What is 'the Devildom'? Who are you people? And how in the world did I get here?"

One of the other men, who sat directly to the right of the original, sighed irritably. "Do all humans ask this many questions?"

Aurelia narrowed her eyes at him, opening her mouth to retort, but the other man interrupted. "I suppose I should have introduced myself first. My name is Diavolo. I am the ruler of the demons, and all here know meㅡ"