Curses

This is the last chapter so I tried my best to make it longer than most! Enjoy!!! Also, please check out my other book, A Smile for a Smile. 

"Y-you're real right?" Jason gasped. He stumbled across the room and hugged Piper like there was no tomorrow. 

She patted his back, "Don't worry, it's real." 

She ran her hand through his hair, as Jason kissed her, right on the lips. The two could hear Lucas let out a muffled squeak, but neither cared. She kissed him back, hard. Jason wrapped his arms around her waist, and they stood there for a minute, until Piper pulled back. 

She sighed at the sight of Lucas. The tiny boy gave them a weak smile, and dragged Jason away from the girl. When they stopped at a huge slab of rock, Lucas concentrated, and a hole appeared in the wall. Jason had to pick his jaw off of the floor. 

"You know man, you always surprise me when you do that." 

He patted the small boy's back and they walked in. Lucas tried not to look too pleased with himself. He gestured to the plain room, with a bed made of rock, a pillow made of rock, and a blanket made of rock. 

"Bro, how are you supposed to sleep in there?" 

"Uh-" 

"You can sleep in my room for now." Piper muttered from behind. "Lucas enjoys sleeping in a pile of rocks." 

Jason tried to look and sound neutral, "Ok." 

He waved to Lucas and followed Piper in the hallway. "How'd you come back?" 

Piper stopped, her oil lamp swinging in her hand. 

She let out a breath, "I don't know." 

End of question, they continued walking. Piper's room seemed a lot like the Aphrodite cabin. She sat on the bed, which seemed soft enough. She set the lamp on the side, and climbed in. Jason did too, wrapping his hands around her in the process. Piper blew softly on the lamp, and the fire went out. Jason hugged her closer, and fell into a deep sleep.

Jason woke up alone. He immediately sat up, and saw Piper, sitting on the edge of the bed. She smiled at him and said, "It's not like you to wake up last." He quickly got out and Piper pointed in the direction of the showers, "Your turn." 

Jason stepped in and took a short shower. He walked straight into the dinning hall, nearly bumping into Lucas. He gave him a tiny nod, and Lucas ran off. Jason sat next to Piper, "Do you think we should go back to camp?" 

Piper nearly choked on her tea. "Well- um..." 

Jason stood up, crossing his arms. "It's out of the question. You're going back to Camp Half-Blood." 

Piper let out a small sigh, "I can't. It'll throw everything back in disarray, I..." She looked away, "I just can't!" 

"But why?" Jason was desperate now. 

Piper covered her face with her hands. "Fine, I'll tell you." 

She set her small cup aside and leaned her head on her palm. "The fates cut my string." Jason stiffened, but remained silent. "But I survived, thanks to Lord Chaos." She bit her lip, "Bringing people back from the dead is like a double edged sword. It doesn't hurt the Lord all that much, but the person brought back suffers." She gave Jason a small smile, "Basically, everyone's been cursed. Luke, Bianca, Zoe, those people never knew." 

Pause. 

"When we came to Camp, the monsters were getting more and more frequent, even Tartarus rushed his plans. That's all our fault." She lifted up her shirt just enough so Jason could see a mark that lay on her stomach. It was black, with a bolded symbol in an up-side down horseshoe pattern. "We're going to be forever chased by monsters, because our scent is strongest." Silence.