.˚ ᵎ┊͙ '𝗜𝗱𝗼𝗹 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻'

Book name : Idol Companion
Author : ameliaphoenix36
Reveiwer : Author_Jenny

𝗧𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸𝘀~100

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧- 9/10

There are a few readers commenting, but of those few are ones who do comment frequently. There are a good amount of comments in each chapter, and the author seems to have interacted with the readers too. Of what I have seen, the engagement of the readers is good and the reception positive.

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫- 13/15

The book cover is simplistically eye-catching. Not too much is going on, but it is pleasingly stunning. All fonts are clear and concise. Although, given this is a book categorised in the paranormal genre, a slightly darker theme to the cover would have been expected. On the other hand, the story, how it unfolds and how the characters interact with one another substantiate why the cover is of a more lighter theme. This is satisfactory.

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞- 10/10

The book title is clever and also hints well at what the story may be about without giving much away.

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧- 3/5

The blurb is quite long, opening with a scene that actually does occur in the first few chapters of the book. As one continues on to the second part of it, considering what the tale is about, the blurb does stay true to the story it is representing. In other words, it summrises the story well. It is also effective in inciting interest within potential readers.
The only problem encountered here were a few grammatical errors. Shortening the description can also be done.

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭- 6/10

The plot is detailed. Going by that alone, it is safe to say it is well thought out. However, given the pace of events, it is taking quite sometime to unfold. There isn't too much paranormal activity other than Jimin's presence of course and him not being able to be seen as he is a ghost after all. Other details are added to the story that I believe were done so to enhance the characters and the lives that they lead, but seeing as the plot hasn't quite been completed yet it is hard to decipher what connects to what. What happened to Mia in the past that had her behave quite violently with Jimin? How is it that in a coma, he could leave his body yet still roam among the the living?  How can Mia be the only one to touch and see him? By these questions alone, it is clear this is quite a creative plot. Intriguing at that as well. It is good!

𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬- 5/10

There are very little plot twists, but there are moments (like when Ryan, Mia's cousin, ends up being able to make out Jimin's presence) that do excite a reader. Also, when Mia is caught 'talking to herself' in public. Those are exciting moments to be expected in a book like this however not many twists have been encountered this far.

𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧- 9/10

The unique plot is attracting, followed by the story sequence and setup, it has the capacity to gain more readers in the near future.

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲- 15/20

For the most part, the grammar is good. But I have noticed quite the number of errors that really take (not much, but it still does) from the reading experience overall. There are concord mistakes that can always be bettered with a bit more editing. Which isn't a train smash. The vocabulary is also quite basic. Satifactory. Although a bit more versatility and diversity would go such a long way for the book. Personally, I'd recommend the author look into this.

𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧- 4/5

The emotions are conveyed best in the dialogue in this book, when Jimin converses with Mia.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭- 3/5

The character development is seen mostly in Mia's deeds and it can be felt. In the beginning, she could not be bothered what Jimin did nor how he felt. She was hardhearted. In the latter chapters we start to see her be more considerate of his feelings. We see her be more vulnerable with Jimin and how it happens is something special to witness.

𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧: The way of writing is good but is also an area the author can always improve in to enhance the book. As once mentioned, a bit more diversity in vocabulary would do the tale well.

𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐀𝐭: The book entails such a wonderful tale. The way of writing is good but is also an area the author can always improve in to enhance the book. As once mentioned, a bit more diversity in vocabulary would do the tale well.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧: Such a lovely cover to an interesting story. One isn't disappointed diving into this book. The one thing that is worrying is the grammar as it could enrich the plot if bettered. It is an enjoyable read overall.

𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥: 77/100

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°