Chapter 1: On The Run

A/N: We are now in present time.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Run...

Get away...

Hermione wanted to scream. She wanted her sweet, cold-blooded revenge, but she had to keep on running. For both her and Luna's safety.

Luna, still in tears, kept on running beside her sister, trying to evade at the same time as not falling flat on her face and giving away their position. They ran for a long time nonstop before they came across a cliff.

They skidded to a halt and grasped their burning lungs. They got far enough from the Death Eaters to stop.

Once they caught their breath, Hermione took a deep breath and stood up straight, the memories of the past 2 hours burning in her head. She took a shaky breath in and tried not to cry, but to no avail. She stumbled onto the edge of the cliff and sat down, curling in on herself.

She let out a choked sob and looked at the beautiful sky, the pinks and oranges forming an amazing view on a horrible day that will go down in history. A far cry from the horror she just witnessed. She mourned her brother of 2 years, still not believing that he was really gone.

A hand fell on her shoulder gently, as if to reassure her. She sniffled when she saw Luna sit next to her, the same teary-eyed look on her face.

"I hate to say this, but they will find us soon. We need to leave." She said softly. Hermione just kept on staring forward. Luna sighed and rested her head on her older sister's shoulder trying not to dissolve into sobs.

Hermione wrapped her arms around her younger sister's shoulders, deciding to be the strong one for the time being. Luna started to sob and buried her face into Hermione's chest, clutching onto her shirt as if afraid she was going to slip through her fingers too. Hermione didn't say anything, just comforted her sister as they both grieved.

But alas, they did not have the time for this. Hermione looked down to see that Luna has passed out from exhaustion. Hermione grimaced when she realized that her exhaustion was creeping up, but she wasn't going to leave them there. Her distraction might've worked but they'll be there any second.

Working fast, she stood up, laying Luna on the ground to find something to make a portkey out of. She found a decent sized rock and pointed her wand at it.

"Portus." She winced as it took a lot of her magic.

She grabbed Luna's hand and placed it on the rock, the portkey whisking them away to the Golden State just as a malicious Fenrir Greyback broke through the tree line.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

In the middle of a dark and empty alleyway, there was a loud "popping" sound and suddenly 2 girls appeared seemingly from out of nowhere, one unconscious and the other kneeling on wobbly legs. The conscious girl dozed for a few seconds before she blacked out from magical depletion and collapsed on the floor.

There, 10 feet away, was the busy streets of Los Angeles that had no clue that the last remaining of Britain's light magical community were in that alley.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

After several hours, the girls woke up, a little disoriented with the change of time.

Hermione groaned while holding her head, trying to sit up from her position on the ground. On her right, she could see Luna gradually sitting up from her spot on the ground.