Chapter 3: The PalmWoods

Hermione looked up from her spot on the bed when a soft knock sounded through her room.

Luna walked in with a small smile on her face and sat down next to Hermione. Luna held out the contract and Hermione took it without a word. She summoned a pen from her beaded bag and started to read the papers.

As she was whizzing her way through the pages with furrowed brows, Luna frowned. Hermione hadn't said a word since they left the lift and Luna can bet all her money that it was because of a certain middle-aged manager.

Luna sighed. "Hermione." The brunette stilled for a split second before she continued on reading. "I know you don't want to talk about it but-"

"If you know that I don't want to talk about it, then why are you?" She warned, but it didn't deter Luna.

"You need to talk to him. Couldn't you see his eyes? The-" She was cut off.

"Of course I could see them. Do you think I don't know why he's like that?" Hermione snapped.

"Yeah, but if you just talk to-" Luna tried to convince her.

"Luna." Hermione said sharply. Luna faltered. "That's enough." That effectively shut the witch up. Luna stood up, heading to the door. When she was at the doorway, she turned around to say something, but she sighed and shook her head, leaving the room.

Hermione glanced up at the door where Luna just exited, but she took a deep breath and looked back down to finish the paperwork.

She finished her last signature with a flourish and set it down on her nightstand. She rubbed her eyes, feeling tired already. She checked the clock on the nightstand to see that 3 hours have passed since she last checked the time.

She yawned and laid down on her pillow-less bed, curling up within herself. Before she fell asleep, she made a mental note to go shopping later for their necessities. Even though she slept for 12 hours, she was mentally, physically, and magically exhausted. She knocked out within minutes.

2 rooms away, Luna was also getting ready for bed. She was still feeling dejected from the conversation with her sister, but she knew that Hermione did need to have a talk with her uncle, no matter what she said.

She looked at her bed and grumbled when she saw that there were no sheets or pillows, just a plain mattress. She was going to conjure a pillow, but she grimaced when she realized that she was still underage and couldn't perform magic. The blonde witch flopped on her bed and fell asleep.

The two witches were unknown to the fact that tomorrow, their lives were going to change forever.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Hermione woke up in a panic, drenched with sweat from her nightmare. The bloody and broken body of her brother was burned into her pupils. Her head was hurting so bad that it felt like someone was trying to split it open with an axe. She grabbed her head and tried to open her eyes, but her vision was blurry from the headache, so she waited for her head to stop spinning.

Once she got her bearings, she forced her eyes open and stumbled over to her beaded bag to search for a vial of pain reliever. Head still pounding, she got frustrated when she couldn't find it and gave up, pulling out her wand and summoning the potion. The vial flew straight into her hand.

She opened the bottle and chugged it down, sighing in relief once the pain was instantly washed away. She stuffed the empty bottle back in her bag and checked the clock on the nightstand to see that she only slept for 4 hours.

She sighed. It was normal to get nightmares every night, but now there were even more memories that could serve as more nightmares. The newly acquired visions were for sure going to stay ingrained into her mind forever. She sat back on her bed and covered her face with her hands, pressing the heel of her palms into her eyes, wishing at this moment that she could claw her eyes out.