• name •

"There you go! Everything we need!"

So, simply saying, I've taken this little boy right here to the vet, and thankfully he's all clean, no viruses no anything, just a bit bruised up and burnt, and also a little dehydrated. Actually that is something, but in the end the vet healed him and put him in the curvy thing around the neck, and some patch for his eyes.

He didn't like that, but he only resist for like five minutes before giving up.

So yeah, all cleaned up, healed up, signed the adoption papers ladadi-ladida, I was ready to go home, before I passed through this huge pet shop just around the corner.

Remembering I don't have anything for the cat at home, I thought, 'why not drop by and buy some things?' Yes, bad idea, very bad idea indeed. I ended up using hundreds of dollars for just this one cat.

It's not my fault they're so cute.

I bought him a bed, a littering box, a scratching tower which he seems to like, milk, cat food, cat soap, those wood thingies for the littering box I found on tiktok, a bell with a name tag on it, and all.

I winced as I stared at all of the things sprawled on the floor. I stared at the cat and raised an eyebrow "Too much?"

He meowed at me, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he agrees.

I sighed, crouching down to pet his head "Ok, I might get overboard, so what? You'll be living here probably forever now, just.. Might as well. Right?"

I'm talking to a cat, what has my life led me to? Spicy hawks tiktok and patreons and Yaoi manga especially omegaverses because they're cute? Maybe.

"Whatever, I'm changing, you stay right here. Or at your new bed you do you.. I guess." I stood up and left him to go to my closet and changed my super uncomfortable school clothes into my normal sweatshirt with extra ventilations, and short pants because it's summer.

It's hot on summer. Even though you know, it just rained like five minutes ago, but who cares, right?

I tied my hair up in a ponytail before I went out, my eyes widening as I see him hissing at something. I frowned, walking closer as I went to stroke his fur, well until he bit me.

Ouch.

It didn't really hurt, you know even though it's literally bleeding, but by reflex I winced loudly and immediately pulled my hand back.

"Geez kitty, what's gotten into you, you were calm like two seconds ago? Ow."

The cat surprisingly stopped hissing at whatever he was hissing at, and pawed closer towards me. Meowing while stroking his body on my legs. He looked at me with his big cat eyes, and it almost seems like he regrets it.

I hesitantly stroked him behind his ear "Now what has gotten you into a bad mood?"

The cat blinked and his head snapped straight to the kitchen, and I frowned, following his eyes, apparently the only thing in the kitchen is a kettle on the stove, since I've managed to actually clean the tables jut yesterday.

"Are you.. Annoyed at that tea kettle?"

He meowed, it's weird how he seems to understand every word I'm saying. "Do you want me to.. Get rid of it?"

He meowed again, what a vocal cat I have. I shrugged as I got up, walking to the kitchen and held the now cold kettle with my uninjured hand, he hissed at it again, and I lifted my arms, throwing the water residue away, before placing it in the dishwasher. He stopped hiding and I slumped my shoulder down.

"There, better?"

He meowed again, now acting calm and layed on his paws. Is my cat a genius or what?

Talking about geniuses, I haven't even named him yet.

That has no correlation whatsoever.

Doesn't matter.

I walked back to him, and squat down, holding my arms around my knees as I stared at him.

"What should I name you?"

And the gaming name has commenced.

"Mr. Whiskers!"

I don't think he likes that.

"Howl?"

He's a cat, not a dog.

"Dispenser?"

He's not a machine either.

"O'Neil?"

Does he look like a basketball player to you? He's tiny.

"Sebastian!"

Get your butler fantasies away from the poor thing.

"Katy Perry?"

Really? You're naming the cat by a singer from the 2010's? Is this a joke to you?

"Elsa?"

I swear-

"I FOUND IT, SHOTO, WHAT ABOUT SHOTO?"

The cat stared at me, and meowed, rubbing it's fur against my legs. I giggled and lifted him up, placing him in my lap and began stroking his fur, smiling even wider as he purred in content.

I kept on stroking him until I felt a pang of tiredness hit me like a truck, gosh what time is it? I glance at the wall and my eyes widened "ONE A.M?!"

I got school tomorrow!

Ugh, I got school tomorrow, and I think I have homework too. Oh well, I didn't care about grades then, why should I care now?

I lifted the cat in my arms, and it meowed, tilting his head cutely to look at me, and I almost had a heart attack. I bit my lip, trying to hold in the upcoming coo, before walking him to my bedroom.

I placed him on my bed before walking back out to bring his bed inside, when I looked at the bed he was gone. Turns out he was following me from behind, and I smiled at him. He's adorable GOD-

I placed his bed right beside mine, and picked him up to lay him on his bed. Laying on my own about five seconds later.

Though, my eyes twitched when I felt my bed dip and I opened my eyes, Shoto is already there on my bed in a comfortable sleeping position.

"What's the matter, you don't like your bed?"

He turned towards me, and meowed. Getting up again, only to lay right on my opened arm and snuggle in it with no care for the world.

I awwed at him, and let him sleep there as I closed my eyes getting ready to sleep.

I should ask for a refund for that bed.