• shopping •

"What about this one?"

"Oh, this one's cute."

"Hey Shoto this really suits your eyes."

"OH MY GOD IT'S FIFTY PERCENT OFF, not that I don't have money, BUT FIFTY PERCENT WOOH!"

As I do so planned, I ended up taking Shoto aka my cat, at least he used to be one, shopping, and I, as a purposefully stylish woman just had to take every. Single. Piece. Of clothing that caught my eye.

Oh, and It has been going on for about an hour give or take.

"Oh! This one-"

"Um, Homura-san?" I turned my head towards the now drowned in clothing Shoto, he had piles of clothing on his hands to the point that you can only see his cat ears. I winced, shopping went too far? "Oh.."

He peeked his head out to the side, and honestly speaking it's an incredibly adorable sight to see.

"I think this is way too much.."

"Hm... alright then why don't we get a bag and pay for it then." I clapped my hands together as I pushed him into the counter.

Him being unable to process whatever is happening right now balled his eyes as wide as a tennis ball.

"What?! You're buying all of this?!"

"Duh." I said in a matter of fact tone, sarcastically rolling my eyes. "You won't be staying in my house for only a day hun, this is the BARE minimum."

"But-"

"Shush." I waited patiently in line until it's finally my turn, we walked to the counter with again, the mountain high stack of clothes.

Though I think the one dealing with the cash register haven't see it yet.

"Good afternoon, is that a-" Her eyes widened when Shoto placed the pile on the table. It was covering her face and apparently the entire counter.

"Um.. will you be buying all of them?"

"Yes please." I pulled the all mighty card from my pocket as I showed it to the staff, assuring her that I could pay for everything.

She nodded her head like a robot as she started scanning the clothes.

"P-please wait a moment.."

•••

"Are you sure this is ok..?"

Shoto held his what seems to be at least five bags of clothes, whilst staring at me unsure. I mean I kind of get it? Like what sort of weirdo would spend thousands of dollars for a stranger?

Well in this case, me.

"I told you it's fine, besides I haven't gone out in ages this was fun- OOH ICE CREAM!" I skipped happily as my favorite ice cream shop appeared in my vision.

I could practically feel Shoto trying to keep up with me but I wasn't paying attention as I was engulfed by the sight of those dozen buckets of pure delicious gelato.

"Welcome, what may I help you with today?" The staff said politely as I scanned towards the entire thing trying to pick one decent flavor.

"Um.. I'll have a medium cup apple crumb gelato please, umm.. Shoto! Can cats eat ice cream?" I asked a bit overexcited as Shoto stopped a few feet behind me.

He thought about it for a bit before nodding. "I mean I am technically part human so I guess I'll be fine?"

Not that reassuring but good enough. Let's get him the most out of the pocket flavor to choose from.

"Also one medium vanilla please."

See? Out of the pocket.

"Alright, one medium apple crumb and one medium vanilla coming right up, that'll be.."

I handed him the card before he could say anything and he stared at it for a second a bit baffled. He took it in the end and gave it back, along with preparing our ice creams.

It didn't take too long, not even ten minutes later the ice cream we- no, I ordered was in his hands offered towards us, spoons popping up from each cup.

"Here you go, have a great day."

I accepted it with a big smile. "You too, come on Shoto let's find a place to sit."

Holding the two cups in hand, I tried my best to tug on his shirt to an empty table, and thankfully, almost all of them are unoccupied.

I signaled the boy to let down the bags, and sit down at the chair in front of me, offering him his ice cream.

He sat down cautiously. "Are you not spending too much money on me?"

I shrugged, taking a heavenly bite out of my ice cream. Damn that was so good.

"I haven't had to spend money on someone in a while, it actually feels nice." I hummed in content as the second scoop of ice cream got inside of my mouth.

Though I can't help but stare as Shoto was just staring at me and his ice cream like he doesn't know what to do.

"Have you ever tried ice cream before?" He shook his head as an answer. I nodded a few times before I took over and grabbed his cup, spooning a small portion and handing it out to him, feeding him.

"Well come on then, aaa." He just stared at me weirdly and I sighed still holding the spoon up. "Come on, I swear it's good."

I know he's definitely curious since even though he did it carefully, he leaned forward and took that scoop into his mouth, eyes glinting and shining not long after.

He was sparkling as he looked at me and I grinned. "I know right? Here, it's yours."

I eyed him happily as he basically devour the entire cup of ice cream, melting in every bite he takes, he seems to really like it. Wait till he figures out the amount of variation there is.

Surprisingly, he liked it more than I thought since he finished his cup before I did, and that says something.

I feel slightly bad when he looked dejected at the sight of his empty cup, I can see it from his slouched shoulders, and his ears were drooping.

Oh, don't make me sacrifice my precious.

Please.

Oh fine.

"Do you want a taste of mine?" I offered him my last bite of ice cream and he suddenly lit up again.

He looked into my eyes for confirmation and I nodded with a small smile.

He took it gladly, and his eyes lit up much more than before, I gave him a knowing look.

"It's good isn't it?"

I found myself holding my breath as he gave me a breathtaking and dare I say, best smile that I've ever seen in my entire life.

"It's amazing."

Oh, I am definitely taking him on a culinary trip for sure.

•••
Hahahey, I'm sure some of you have already forgotten about this book
I'M SO SORRY, FLUFFY BOOKS LIKE THESE R WAY OUT OF MY FORTE BUT I REALLY TRIED, well at least I hope you liked this chap :)