early rise.

bzzzzz bzzzzz

ethan rolled over in his queen sized bed and covered his ears. he had barely gotten any sleep the night before and wanted to enjoy his peace and quiet while he still could.

bzzzzz bzzzzz

within a second ethan batted his eyes and caught a glimpse of pure sunshine that was shining though his open window. "did i really forget to close the curtains last night?" he muttered to himself. ethan lifted his arms to his head, limiting the light for his vision. once the black swirly blobs went away, he reached out for his phone. after he grasped his phone, he rolled to his other side so he could actually relax. as he clicked open his phone he saw a missed called from his mother. it was ten in the morning for her and seven in the morning for him. he groaned and opened up the message app to text back.

sorry mom, i was asleep so i couldn't get your call. if you want you can always call back!

after looking over the text a few times, due to multiple mistakes before, he finally hit sent. he then clicked off his phone and slammed it on the empty space next to him. it was too early to do anything, but he was already wide awake. ethan sighed and arose from the mattress and slowly got up. he was not a morning person anymore, so his body was physically drained. as he stood, he stretched his arms out and groaned. with a quick move, he grabbed his phone and started to head towards the door. on his way towards the door, his phone was ringing once again from his mother. she really wanted to talk. he pressed "accept" and rose his phone up to his ear. "hey mom! what's up?" he asked as he stopped dead in his tracks and traced back his footsteps to sit at the edge of the bed. "good morning ethan! i hope i didn't wake you but" he let out a sigh. usually mom would just text back with a simple, "never mind" or such as follows. she trailed on and on about what was on her agenda and how she was going to do it, the typical mom stuff. as he sat listening, his feet were dangling from the bed. he started to kick them back and forth like he used to do as a young child. it was always a way of keeping him still in boring conversations like these. meanwhile his mom rambling, he couldn't focus due to his stomach letting out a loud growl. "anyway, that's what's up with me. i'll let you go." with an exchange of "i love you"s and saying goodbye, the sound of the end call was going through.

ethan pulled his phone away and locked it as he stood up. "that took forever." he thought. as he was doing so before, he made his way to the door and to the stairs to where spencer had met him. he was a hungry boy. ethans mood was quickly brought up as spencer rubbed his leg. he bent down and held onto the stairs railing with one hand and pet spencer with the other. "is someone a hungry boy?" he said in his high pitched voice which led the dog to wag his tail. ethan couldn't stop smiling. he then straightened out his legs and made his way downstairs to the food bowl of his furry friend. "you're silly!" he exclaimed. "there's still good food there!" ethan laughed and patted the dog on the head as he opened the fridge door. after fetching himself some breakfast, he sat on the island that was in the middle of the kitchen. as he munched on his breakfast bagel, he took a good look around the house. the walls were a color of creamy beige, along with a dark wood trimming. even though the walls were still a little bare, he did have some pieces on the wall. such as him and spencer's framed photo and some pictures of his family. other than that, ethan has still yet to unpack and relocate his attire. although he needn't to do so, he was also a great procrastinator, she he just shrugged it off.

once ethan was done eating his meal, he got on social media liking some posts and retweeting others, he came across a fan page for himself. he was still new to social media and he felt very accomplished that he had already had a fan page. he hit follow and tweeted about them, telling everyone to follow. after a few more minutes of scrolling through his timeline, he clicked his phone shut because there was someone at the door. he stood from the stool and put his dishes in the sink. after walking the short way, he reached his doorway and opened the door. there was a freakishly tall muscular man standing. he looked a little familiar, but he couldn't quite recognize who it was. "hey! may i help you?" ethan asked politely. as the man held up a map, he looked him directly in the eyes and softly said, "i'm so sorry to interrupt but i'm a little lost. i'm supposed to be going to my friends house but the address they gave me is a little weird. i usually take an uber but today was just so nice." ethan chuckled and invited the man in. the man agreed and went inside, placing the map on the table, trying to locate it. "uh not to be a huge dick, but why don't you just google it? or use maps?" the tall man looked up at him and gave a nervous smile. "about that..." he started. "i don't have cell service up here so the gps would've stopped like ten minutes ago." with a quick thought ethan felt stupid. of course it had been the cell service. the area he was at was realllly bad at having the best service. "ohhh of course, my bad." he said as he sat back in the stool. "my names ethan by the way." he said as he let out his hand for a handshake. the male reached out and smiled. "my name is mark."