Chapter 9: Chicagooo Chicagoooo

Sam's P.O.V

As the only daughter in a primary male household you learn a thing or two about men. You learn that men are quite insecure, they like being babied, and nine out of ten times they can never tell when they're wrong.

Natalie's classes started back up tomorrow, so as soon as we landed we said our goodbyes and she was back off to college. Dima had a job interview at some new office so he got an Uber and left to prep.  Now it was just Ilya, Dave, and I left. David had been talking on the phone with Liza since we had landed and Ilya had been trying to track his luggage down.

"What do you mean it got lost? All my friends flew with me and they all received their bags! This is unacceptable!" he fought with the airline worker.

After thirty minutes of going back and forth they suddenly got quiet.

"I'm sorry sir, this type of thing happens all the time. Don't worry though, as soon as we find it we will give you a call." She spoke softly, her eyes never leaving the screen as she typed away on her desktop.

"This is literally so ridiculous!" He growled, grabbing his book bag and walking off.

"It's fine, we'll get it back soon Il, don't be upset." I cooed, going after him and rubbing his back.

"Give me a minute." He snapped, pushing me off and storming off.

I stared at him in shock, was he really mad over a fucking bag? I looked away and tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. People buzzed around me, their bags occasionally bumping into mine. As I turned to leave, I bumped into David.

"I have to go babe, I love you. Okay, talk to you soon, yeah! Okay, bye!" David laughed, hanging up.

"Whats wrong with Il?" He asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"They lost his bag and he's losing his shit." I growled as we made our way outside.

People zoomed by, cars, Ubers, and taxis drove on both sides as we stood waiting for our ride. I looked around, hoping to find Ilya.

"Let me call him, who's picking us up you said?" David asked, putting his phone to his ear.

"You'll see when they get here." I grumbled.

I wasn't sure why Ilya reacted the way he did. For some reason he always lost his bag whenever he flew. Why? No one knows, it was just his thing. As I stood next to David I couldn't help but shed a few tears.

Although I loved to see the beautiful sights when flying, I hated the actual concept of it. I hated going through checkpoint, I hated sitting next to random people, and I hated being stuck in small places.

Whenever I fly somewhere I always get extremely upset. For a while I really didn't mind it because David was always by my side but today everything was different. I quickly tried to cover my face and directed my gaze downward as David hung up the phone.

"Hey Sam, he said he's on his way out. I'm gonna call Liz-" he suddenly went quiet.

"Sam." He called out.

I sniffled as I tried to compose myself. Suddenly a pair of feet were standing in front of me. A single tear slowly made its way down my cheek and landed on their shoe.

"Sam, what's wrong?" David cooed as he placed his fingers on my chin and tilted my head towards him.

I shrugged as more tears streamed down my face. I've missed this idiot so much. He sighed and engulfed me in a tight hug. I nuzzled my head into his chest as he slowly began to stroke my hair.

"I'm sorry I've been busy Sam. I haven't been a good friend to you." He slowly said, rubbing my back.

"Yeah, you kinda suck." I laughed a bit, sniffling.

"I have no excuse because I've known you my whole life but you know how I am. I haven't felt this way about a girl in years. Liza is so cool and being with her is just so different! I'm so sorry Sam. It's bros before hoes and you're my best bro and I'm so sorry I pushed you aside."

"You're so lame Dobrik. It's okay though, I knew you'd forget about me someday." I stopped laughing and began crying again involuntarily.

"Hey hey hey, who ever said anything about forgetting about you? Sam I think about you everyday! You're my best friend Sam! I just suck at replying, I suck at making plans, and I suck at being a good friend. I'm sorry Sam. I promise I'll try my best to be better. I love you Sam." He said, placing his head on top of mine.

"I'm sorry for crying Dave, I'm just a little overwhelmed. You know how I get when I fly-" before I could finish he got a call.

We both looked at his phone which was lighting up with a picture of Liza.

"Take it." I said, getting off of him and trying to compose myself.

"It's fine, she has my location." He shrugged as he let it ring.

We both looked at one another and eventually started laughing. I smiled as the little wrinkles at the corner of his eyes formed as he laughed.

"Hey guys! I got my bag! They put it on-" we both turned to find Ilya with a fading smile.

"Everything okay?"

I raised an eyebrow as he stepped closer to me. As if on cue, David's phone began to ring again.

"Give me a sec ima tell her I can't talk." David said, putting up a finger.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, his eyes going soft.

"You know how I get when I fly." I sighed.

"I'm sorry about earlier, you know how I get when I fly." He replied, kissing my forehead.

I remained quiet as my brother finally pulled up.

"SAMANTHA! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN AT LOCA!" I burst into a fit of giggles as I remembered my brief obsession with the Twilight franchise.

"Everywhere"