Chapter 4: Fights, Forts, and Farts

Samantha's P.O.V

I poured the homemade sugar popcorn into a glass bowl and put it on the snack tray. I gingerly walked into the living room only to find Dima and Ilya fighting on my coffee table. My eye twitched as a framed picture of Alex, David, and me  fell onto the floor.

"diIIMMMMAAAA." I slowly yelled, running to attack him.

I swiftly jumped onto him causing him to lose his balance and fall onto the floor.

"Don't kill me Sam!" He yelled, trying his best to defend himself.

"Sam!" Nat yelled, running to get me off him.

"This is too good." Ilya laughed, holding his stomach as Dima yelled.

I pulled Ilya in and soon enough it was Dima and me against Ilya.

"Okay! Okay! I GIVE UP!" Ilya said as Dima smacked him repeatedly. 

I huffed as I picked up the picture. A smile formed on my lips as I remembered that day.

fLaShBack

It was the first day of my freshman year. David had slept over at my house so we could wake up early and explore the school before class started. He was up all night nagging me to cut his hair. Knowing the picky person he is, I ignored him and fell asleep.

I woke up to a pair of velvety chocolate eyes staring at me. I stared at him as he started at me.

"Alex said he's coming soon, I was just about to wake you up." He whispered.

"Did you end up showering yesterday?" I asked, fixing his hair.

He nodded as he laid his face in my hands. I played with his hair as he slowly drifted back to sleep.

I had known David for five years already, somehow I started to develop a crush on him. It was kind of obvious that he had a thing for Natalie and sometimes I thought she liked him too.  As I sat there admiring him, I decided I'd have to move on. He was so oblivious, I felt like smacking him sometimes. 

"Can y'all just date already?" A voice said. 

I jumped and kicked David off the bed. Alex burst into a fit of laughter as David jumped up.

"What the fuck Sam." He groaned, rubbing his head.

"Jayden let me in." Alex laughed, taking a seat on my vanity chair.

"I'm sorry Dave." I said, rubbing his injury.

He loosened up and sat on the floor, putting his head in between my legs. I massaged his head, ruining the hairstyle he had in bed.

Alex smirked and walked into my bathroom. I quickly finished David's hair and went into my closet.

"What are you wearing today?" I asked, taking my shirt off.

"I was thinking black hoodie and some jeans." He said, following me.

"I moved your things to that corner." I said, pointing to the shelves behind me.

We both got ready and walked out. Alex was sitting on my bed eating some cheerios and drinking some orange juice.

"Sam! Mi ma says to go down stairs and take your friends with  you!" Jayden, my older brother yelled from downstairs. 

"What did you little shits tell my mom?" I growled, putting my shoes on.

"She served me food." Alex said, sipping milk from the bowl.