Chapter 11: Forgiveness

Ilya's P.O.V

"Haven't seen you in a while." Matthew said, shaking up with me and ruffling Sam's hair.

Matthew was Sam's eldest brother, he always thought he was in charge. I raised an eyebrow as a strong smell of mint and cologne followed him as he walked by.

"Maybe if you visited me in LA once in a while we'd see each other more." Sam said to him.

"Not all of us have the luxury of leaving our jobs whenever we want. Some of us have real jobs with real bosses and real people who depend on us." He snapped out of nowhere.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed his eyes were bloodshot. He was probably drinking and trying to start a fight with Sam now. I grabbed Sam's hand to reassure her but it was too late.

Tears threatened to fall out her eyes but she quickly recomposed herself and stood up.
Everyone remained quiet for a second but then her parents began to yell at him.

"Why would you-" they started but Sam quickly shut them down and turned to Matthew.

"I have a real job, real people depend on me everyday. The only difference between my job and yours is that I'm my own boss. I make my own hours, I have the luxury to leave whenever I want because I work day and night, day in and day out. But you wouldn't know that because you don't check up on me right?"

I smirked a bit as his once angry eyes widened in surprise but soon turned into a dark scowl. He opened his mouth to say something but Sam pushed passed everyone and ran up the stairs towards her room.

"Don't fucking walk away from me Samantha!"
He yelled.

Her parents followed, I ran behind them, and her brothers followed behind me. Matthew was always an asshole to us growing up. I didn't know why but he was always a bit harsher on Sam than the boys.

"You're not my fucking dad to be talking to me like that! We're not kids anymore Matthew, you can't beat on me wherever you want!" Sam yelled, going into her room and slamming the door behind her.

I growled as he began to bang on the door and shout. I ran towards her door but her mom stopped me. Tears streamed down her face, her once bright green eyes were now puffy.

"I'm so sorry you had to see this." She cried.

"It's fin-" before I could finish Sam's dad began to yell.

"Leave her alone Matthew, you have no right talking to her like that." He yelled, pushing Matthew.

Matthew bumped into a small table that was near the window, causing one of the many family pictures there to fall onto the floor.

"Don't hit him! He just-" her mom said, trying to hold Sam's dad back.

"He just nothing! This is my house! I'm her dad, not him!" He yelled, pushing her off.

I quickly grabbed her as she stumbled. I held her so she wouldn't see what was happening anymore. Jayden held her hands and kissed them, trying to calm her down.

"You always made us go to work with you. She never had to do anything! She doesn't get to talk to me like that. I've worked for what I have all my life. I always made sure to take care of my brothers and her when you had to work two jobs and mom had to work too. I've worked at least one job ever since I was sixteen! She gets to stay home, hang out with that stupid Slovak kid and make videos about her shopping and eating food. You didn't take care of them, I did!" Matthew yelled.