{20} recognise that ass anywhere

A COOL BREEZE SENT HARLEY'S HAIR FLUTTERING BACK; it felt refreshing against his skin before it turned harsh, and a shiver ran down his spine.

Frowning slightly at the new noise, Harley peered over the edge of the wall he leant against as footsteps echoed up to him- Peter was jogging up the fire escape, taking the steps two at a time. A smile pulled at Harley's features, brightening his expression as he directed his attention to watch the teen in amusement as he racing to join him on the roof.

Peter's breathing had been unaffected by the brisk run from his apartment and the fire escape, but it doubled when he felt the boy's attention solely on him and risked a glance upwards; Harley looked breath-taking with the star-lit sky shining behind him.

"Why am I on a freezing rooftop Parker? And why are you not resting?" He questioned, glaring playfully as Peter stepped onto the roof, swallowing his nerves.

"Erm, I, I needed to tell you something."

Harley shifted a little, nodding his head immediately. He was trying to be as serious as possible which Peter was silently thankful for. He'd been intrigued about his classmate ever since his run in with Natasha- she'd never mentioned knowing a teenager before, though she wasn't one to reveal much about her personal life outside of Barton. He also didn't want to push Peter too far by asking questions since he'd almost keeled over a few hours before.

"I like you." Harley blinked as he processed the sudden announcement. His face cracked into a wide, teasing grin at the reminder and Peter couldn't help but smile as well; it was contagious.

"We established we liked each other, Peter. Did you miss that part?"

Peter sobered slightly, biting down on his lip- the laughter dissipating from his chest. Harley sensed the shift to serious again and waited for him to continue. "You need to know me." He said, his smile disappeared entirely. "The real me before we agree to any kind of relationship because I want to give you a chance to back out now and I would never get angry if you chose to leave down the road because I get it-"

"Peter." Harley huffed, grabbing his shoulders- the teen had started to pace anxiously, and he was having none of it. "The hell are you on about? Is it Romanoff? I mean yeah, she's terrifying, but I think I can get over her shooting death glares at me, you drama queen."

"I am talking about 'Tasha, and, other stuff." Harley nodded again, though slower. He dropped his hands but still stood close. Peter took in a deep breath to calm his raging nerves.

"When I was a kid, my aunt and uncle were shot down by Hydra."

"Fuck." Whispered Harley, edging closer on instinct.

"And I was taken to a facility where I got bit by a... radioactive spider."

Silence. It hung between them, and Peter would swear he could see Harley's mind working overtime to process the information he had just spewed out.

There was a beat, Harley's eyes widened.

"Waitwaitwait- what? Are you trying- you can't be- are you Spiderman?" Harley rambled out, eyes opening wider in realisation as Peter shakily nodded his confirmation.

"I'm Spiderman." He breathed out. "And I'm messed up. I've killed people Harls and Hydra is hunting me down and I don't want to drag you into this-"

Harley covered his mouth with his hand, glaring slightly to shut him up as he closed the small gap between them. "I am walking into this Parker." He said sternly, waiting until Peter nodded. Harley needed him to understand what he was going to say next more than anything else because he meant it despite the way it made his heart race. "I like you. Alright. You. And if that includes Spiderman, Hydra, and some fucking next level villains in the future then, okay."

Hesitantly, Harley's hand dropped, before hooking their fingers together- both boys blushed.

Peter felt his heart thudding against his chest painfully hard but he couldn't find it in himself to care as he stared down at their hands. He swallowed thickly, "Really?" He questioned; voice quiet in disbelief.

"Really." Harley beamed. "I like the way we feel together. We fit. I've never fit with anyone the way that we do." He admitted in another rare moment of seriousness.

"Are we, together now?" Peter asked, mumbling the words together out of embarrassment. "I don't know, much about any of it. I was sheltered in a cell all my life soooo..." Laughter burst from Harley at the comment and he couldn't bring himself to feel bad.

"God Peter that was dark." He mumbled whilst Peter merely shrugged, biting back his own laugh. "But yeah. If you want. And I totally knew you were Spiderman-"

"Did not." Peter fired back, "Did you not see your face?"

"Darlin' I would recognize that ass anywhere." Harley grinned cheekily, enjoying how Peter's blush deepened.

"Jesus." He muttered and rested his head on Harley's shoulder, laughing into his jacket.

-

When Peter had left the apartment, Natasha had messaged Clint to forget the Chinese (much to his annoyance) and to meet her at the Shield facility.

After two close calls with Hydra, she was refusing to let there be a third instance that left Peter shaking or injured on her couch. So, when Clint arrived, she promptly guided them towards Helen's cell- she was intent on finding out some information pertaining to a certain spider boy and how to get him off Hydra's radar though she doubted it would be an easy feat.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" The woman asked, glancing up leisurely from the book in her hands.

She peered at Clint and Natasha who stood on the opposite side of the glass, in clear view. The expressions she was met with were like blank canvas'; neutral, undecipherable. Helen could feel her lips pull into a wide grin at the sight. "Why so serious?"

Natasha ignored the remark. "What do you do with missing mutates?"

Helen brightened; it was always fun to tease the agents that spoke to her. The cell was so drab and boring in comparison to watching them run in circles. "Had a run in with Hydra, Romanoff?"

"Tell us the answer." Clint stated, arms crossed over his chest.

She looked almost amused at his outburst; satisfaction welled in her chest. She enjoyed watching them squirm. When she went to reply, Nick Fury (her most frequent and surprisingly unflappable visitor) appeared on the other side of the glass, looking annoyed at their presence.

"Someone's in trouble." She sang, thoroughly entertained.

"Romanoff, Barton-"

"Barton?" Helen echoed, making their gazes settled back on her.

For a moment, her eyes slid over to Clint as she regarded the archer thoughtfully. Even she could admit the man looked intimidating with his broad stature and the bow slung over his chest- but even without the weaponry, he and his brother looked quite similar...

"How's Barney?" She said, staring pointedly at Clint.

His breathing hitched, the only sign of a reaction at the name while Natasha leaned forwards, getting as close to the glass as she could; her voice was low and threatening. "What do you know?"

"He worked for Hydra sweetheart," Natasha's lips curled into a snarl at the nickname, "He guarded the mutates in the facility. For a short time, anyway. He was a perfect shot for when they got too hard to handle." Helen happily revealed, eyes shining gleefully at the fact of having caught two of Shield's best agents off guard, and the director himself who looked dumbfounded by the slip of information- intel was everything, she mused, reaching for her book again. 

A/N

Harley and Peter are my faves- don't worry, their relationship will be slow because they got together so quick and it will be wholesome af. 

Also Helen likes to stir the freaking pot and I live for it lowkey :)

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.