{25} that, and I'm trying to scam you for cuddles

DESPITE ALL OF THEM LIVING IN ONE TOWER, the avengers didn't tend to have much spare time to spend together and simply enjoy one another's presence.

Most of the time Natasha and Clint were off on missions given to them from Fury or they chose to spend their free time at Nat's apartment, even more so since Peter had moved in. Thor had always been busy flitting between Earth and Asgard whenever he could so he was only ever present for a few days at a time and Bruce had a busy schedule with teaching at the university nearby so he would visit only on the weekends to see Tony to drag him out of the lab or to help with a project. Steve could often be found either wandering around New York or experiencing the new world or visiting Bucky in Wakanda every other week so he was scarcely stationary.

So, to celebrate the rare evening that all the avengers were in one place, they gathered in the main room; including Harley and Peter who had slipped into their lives easily over the past month.

The two teens were happily seated on the floor in a ring of cushions and blankets as they built a Lego death stare between themselves- Lego had quickly become the safer and probably healthier alternative for Peter as a stress reliever instead of rebuilding guns. They whispered conspiratorially about creating a design to make it fly whenever Tony was out of earshot, though the billionaire did keep looking at them suspiciously. Peter was also 79% sure that Natasha was listening to their every word from her place on the couch despite her never making a comment.

Everyone else was crowded around the Jenga game that had been set up on the coffee table; it was Clint's turn to remove a block.

He looked as smug as ever while he withdrew a bow and arrow; Tony groaned dramatically as the archer began walking away from the table- Bruce and Thor looked mildly amused while Clint aimed at a block in the tower. Steve looked around, "Is this cheating?"

"It's not in the rule book Cap." Clint answered- the arrow was an ultra-thin precision arrow. It easily knocked out the block, much to the annoyance of the other players.

Tony looked unimpressed and Natasha glared. "What?" Clint asked innocently.

"Barton, I swear if you use that arrow one more time-"

"What are you going to do Romanoff?" Clint taunted, still gripping his bow.

Natasha's eyes flickered to the muscles in his hands before she snatched Stark's iPad straight from his hands and blocked the archer's attack; he was using the bow as a staff.

"Are you kidding me?" Groaned Tony, slumping back against the couch.

The rest of the room looked highly entertained, watching the duo spare with great interest. They leaped over the coffee table with ease before Natasha vaulted herself over the couch and they began to throw cushions at one another- Clint had tried to grab another iPad but Tony had tutted and pulled it away. "Come on Stark." He whined.

"No. Wanna know why?" He asked no one in particular. "Just once, I want to play a game where you two knuckle heads don't start a fight-" Natasha threw the cushion she had been holding so that it smacked Stark in the face whilst simultaneously blocking Clint's attack with a fruit bowl she had grabbed, (apples and oranges scattered across the floor).

With ease Natasha darted around the couch and swiped at Clint's legs, knocking him onto his back.

Noticing the pair growing too close for comfort, and the hum of warning from his spider sense, Peter and Harley quickly moved their newly finished death star across the room- just in time for Clint to flip Natasha on her back, forcing her to land where the Lego set had been, their heads side by side.

"Are we still friends?" He panted.

Natasha grinned, "Depends on how hard you hit me." She lunged at the man and wrestled him down to the ground before he could get back to his feet.

"Shit-"

"Language." Reminded Cap offhandedly, lifting an orange from the floor and beginning to peel it.

Clint wheezed out a laugh and Natasha rolled her eyes at the comment before adding more pressure to the archer's windpipe: "I'm done!" He croaked out, tapping the floor. A triumphant look flitted over Natasha's features as she rose to her feet, smoothing out her t-shirt before she offered Clint a hand.

"Five dollars please Harls."

"You bet on me?" Natasha queried, looking in Peter's direction.

His ears went pink as everyone in the room turned to him too while he accepted the five dollars. Harley chuckled and Clint huffed, wiping away an invisible tear. "Highly offended Parker."

-

One by one the avengers disappeared to their rooms, retiring for the evening.

Harley had stubbornly followed Peter into the room Tony had supplied since the teen had a tendency to fall asleep at the workshop one too many times.

It was usually if Natasha was away on a long mission or working late at the tower. Despite knowing that the woman was a well-trained assassin that could take out an enemy with her hands tied behind her back and not break a sweat- he still didn't want to run the risk of something going wrong if she drove home alone. It was a responsibility he had been trying to shake since they met; the need to make sure she was safe since Natasha had been doing just that for him from the beginning.

He wanted to return the gesture.

"Peterrrrr." Sang Harley, though it was slightly muffled by the pillow he was lying face down on while Peter sat at the desk, working on his web shooters. "Come to bed."

"I don't need to go to bed. I'm not tired. I'll be fine." Peter mumbled, forehead furrowing in concentration as Harley yawned for the fourth time in a row in five minutes.

"But darlin' I'll be so lonely without you. Come curl in my arms so I can feel whole again." He rambled theatrically, moving so he could bat his eyes at Peter who turned around, amused.

"Are you trying to seduce me into a healthy sleeping pattern Keener?"

"That, and I'm trying to scam you for cuddles. Is it working?" He asked hopefully, wiggling his eyebrows. It only served to make Peter snicker.

"Maybe." He commented, smiling to himself. Harley cheered as his boyfriend finally turned off the lamp before clambering into the bed- he draped himself over Peter's chest the second he stilled. He enjoyed the feeling of Peter's arms instinctively wrapping around his back the moment he settled; they were secure and safe and there was nowhere else Peter would rather be. 

A/N

Just a cute fluff chapter :)

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.