chapter 1

I pulled out my black, baggy, ripped jeans from the closet and quickly slid them over my long legs. I got the black corset top and threw it on with black and white Jordan Retro 1s. I brushed through my long blonde hair and was so thankful that I decided to straighten it this morning. The last thing I needed to do was put on my gold chain and I was all ready to go. I grabbed my keys and rushed out the door. 

As soon as I got into the garage I hopped into my white Jeep Wrangler and opened the garage door

As soon as I got into the garage I hopped into my white Jeep Wrangler and opened the garage door. I pulled out of the driveway and head towards the body shop that Shea owned. It was a relatively short drive considering how close it was and how fast I drive. He opened the back garage where I pulled in next to my matte black Lamborghini Gallardo. This was my race car that Shea had made modifications on. Technically he owned it but I was the star racer behind the wheel. This car was like my child.

"You're late," he said groaning while tossing me the keys.

"Sorry I got detention, I had to stay late after school". "Why am I not surprised," he said as we both hopped into the car as fast as we could and I pulled out into the street.

"Cause that's what I do best" I sped over to the race track that was hidden from the street so that no cops would find it. The stadium lights were set up and it was more crowded than expected. It had been announced that it was my last race here for a while and there were tons of people who wanted to steal my title. As I drove in slowly heads turned to my car, my adrenaline started pumping. Shea searched the crowd before pointing me towards where the rest of the crew were sitting. I pulled up to the rest of our crew and got out. I was immediately met with a bone-crushing hug from Brooklyn.

"I can't believe you're going," She said while squeezing the last drop of oxygen from my lungs.

"Brook I can't breathe" I coughed out before she quickly let go and took a small step back.

"Don't worry I'm not going far but with Angel out of jail again it's best I go after what happened last time" I said my voice laced with sympathy. My mom was a complicated woman. She's always been an addict and alcoholic but after my dad's death, she went off the deep end. She severely abused me and overall didn't care about me whatsoever. She was getting out of jail this week which meant I needed to go. The last time she got out she sent me to the hospital. We all knew why I had to go and nobody was going to argue with it. Over Brook's shoulder, I saw the rest of the group came up to say their hellos.

"Izzie you look stunning as always," said Grey while kissing my cheek.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I said sarcastically back. I felt a pair of hands drag me into a backward hug with their arms around my shoulders. I turned and was met with Shea.

"I'm gonna miss you champ," I said into my ear with a sad look on his face.

"I'll miss you more than you know," I said genuinely knowing I would miss him. Shea was like an older brother to me. He'd been with me through everything my mom put me through. He introduced me to Mike who taught me to race and fight. They were the reason I was able to move out so young and escape everything. I would be as good as dead without them.