- I. -

[B i r m i n g h a m , 1 9 1 9]

Zara King was covered in blood, but don't worry none of it's hers

Hence the strange looks she was receiving as she walked down Garrison Lane towards her father's office. She sent a sharp look to a particular group of gossiping old crones, a satisfied smirk rising to her face as the women immediately disbanded.

Zara was extremely annoyed this morning, and just wanted to go back to her small home and jump into bed. The first thing to learn about Zara is that she is not a morning person. She isn't really an "any time of day" person, but Zara is especially ruthless and cruel in the morning. Her father, James, knows this better than anyone, so Zara was especially annoyed at being woken up by his men for some last minute business that her father wanted her to take care of.

James found out that some men were trying to mess around with his race tracks; so naturally, instead of giving them a chance to explain or even just scaring them a little, James sent his daughter Zara to kill them.

It might sound a little extreme, but that's just how the King's did business. The King's have been in Birmingham for decades, and have been able to rule with little to no objections. The people of Birmingham are terrified of the Kings, which is just how they like it.

The Kings may run a ruthless gang and business, but before anything else they are a family. James loved Zara and her twin brother Theodore more than anything, and he would do anything to protect them. The love was also spread outside of the family to the people who worked for them. The Kings made sure to let their employees know that if they protected the Kings, the Kings would protect them. Sure, it may seem a little cliché, but the Kings make sure to also let them know the slow horrible death that would become of them if they choose betrayal.

Zara is the eldest, only ten minutes older than Theo, and is ecstatic at becoming the next  King when her father decides to pass the crown. In their family, the eldest child of the former King becomes the next leader, and if the eldest child chooses to abdicate the throne, the crown is passed to the next child.

James made sure to raise both his kids right in the middle of the business, in order to prepare them for when it's their turn to rule. Both Zara and Theo were given combat and weapons training, rivalling the British special forces, starting when they were just nine years old. Zara always put more effort into training than Theo, for she was a very smart girl and knew even as a child that she would have to work harder, in order to be taken seriously in a business dominated by disgusting men. If they didn't take her seriously now, how could they take her seriously when she rises to power?

Zara walked past the Garrison Pub with a scowl etched onto her face. The Garrison is where the idiotic Peaky Blinders usually spend their time. She rolled her eyes at the thought of those morons. The Peaky Blinders were the type of people to use violence first and think later, whereas the Kings took their time, and used exceptional, methodical plans to enact violence. The Kings were a well oiled machine, the Peaky Blinders were merely a screw.