Part 5: Missing Piece

"Okay?" asks Sam, as he walks up to you.

He squints his eyes and furrows his brows. Your face is emotionless. You look at him. Castiel and Dean are watching you, obviously still shocked at your choice of words.

"Hearing problems, Sammy?" you ask.

Sam's face falls and his lips snarl. Dean's eyes never leave your face.

"Are you okay? Is this the shock talking?" he asks, caressing your face.

You shake your head.

"No. It's just that people die. It's life."

Sam turns away from you and walks to the kitchen. He lets out a dramatic snort and runs his hand through his hair.

"(Y/n), your dad. He's dead. Not the dude who works at the supermarket, but your dad."

You stare at him and say nothing.

"Do you even want to know how he went?" he asks.

You lightly roll your eyes and nod.

"I guess."

He takes a step back and lets out a dramatic laugh.

"You guess, huh? Demons. Nasty black eyed sons of bitches took out your dad and you're standing there as if your goldfish just died." You stare at him and anger hits you.

"What?! What do you want me to do? Fall on my knees and scream why?! Does nobody remember how he treated me?"

You look at Bobby.

"What he did to me? So forgive me if it's not the saddest day of my life. He got what he deserved if you ask me."

Dean looks down and nods.

"I know, I know. It's just-"

"What? It's just that you couldn't protect me from him either?" you say, causing him to look up shocked.

"Where's (y/n)?! Where is she and what the hell have you done with her?!" shouts Dean.

He's starting to get irritated. You saying all of this is freaking him out. You look up to him and take a step forward.

"At this point," you pause.

"I'm not sure."

His eyes widen and he takes a step back. Terror and sadness fill his eyes.

"What happened to you in purgatory?" he whispers.

That's the thing. You remember everything about purgatory, except the end of the war with Crowley. You forgot everything about it. All you remember is Crowley showing up then BAM! Nothing. You look to Cas and he's watching you. You look back to Dean then to Sam, who's leaning against the dining room table shooting daggers at you.

You squint your eyes at him and then walk around Dean towards the hallway.

"Where are you going?! (Y/n)!"

"I'm going to bed! In MY room!" you yell.

You stomp your feet and walk into a random room and make sure to slam the door shut. The wall shakes and a picture falls and shatters. You ignore it and strip down for bed. You slide under the comforter and close your eyes. You wish sleep would take over. You were exhausted.

"What the hell was that?!" yells Dean.

Cas looks around and rubs his face.

"What exactly happened in Purgatory, Cas?!" he yells again.

Cas looks up and takes a step forward.

"I already told you everything, Dean!" he yells back.

"Well, what the hell did Crowley steal?! Huh?"

"I don't know! But whatever it is, he's enjoying hanging it over our heads-" Cas stops and his eyes widen.

"Hey, stop!" demands Sam.

"Something's not right with (y/n) and we need to figure it out, not argue!"

Dean exhales and calms down. He looks up to Cas and notices his shocked expression.

"Cas, what?"

Cas says nothing. He looks around and stares at the entrance to the hallway. No. It can't be!

"Cas?" asks Sam.

He steps next to Dean. Dean looks at Cas, waiting for an answer.

"Damnit, Cas! Wha-"

Just then Cas walks past the boys and into the hallway.

"Cas!" yells Dean.

The two boys have to power walk to try to catch up with him.

Cas walks to the room you're occupying and opens it up, not caring to be quiet. You're under the covers still.

"Go away." you murmur.

He walks up to you and pulls down the blanket.

"Hey! Cas, what the hell?!" you yell.

Dean and Sam walk in just as Cas puts his hand on your stomach and pushes down. A light radiates as his hand goes further into you. Your eyes are closed as you begin screaming. Dean yells and goes running forward, but Sam holds him back.

"No! Dean, wait!"

Dean stares at your helpless body and watches. You continue screaming as Cas closes his eyes and concentrates. Seconds pass when Cas finally removes his hand. Your screaming stops and you pass out. He takes a step back and exhales. Sam let's go of Dean and he rushes to your side.

"What the hell did you do?! Cas, what happened?"

Cas looks at Dean and his face looks drained. He looks to Sam, who nods his head knowing exactly what happened. Dean strokes your face and looks back up.

"Cas!" he yells again.

Cas shakes his head and his shoulders slump.

"Her soul." he says, looking Dean in the eyes.

"It's gone."