Part 7: King of Hell, Ring a Bell?

"You son of a bitch!" yells Dean, as he runs to Crowley.

His eyes are burning with rage. How could Crowley just show up after everything he's done?! Dean pulls out his blade just as Crowley flicks his wrist. Dean goes flying back and smashes into the table. Sam stands on guard as Dean slowly stands up. Castiel watches Crowley sternly, never taking his eyes off of him.

"This isn't the welcome home party I had imagined." says Crowley, laughing at his own joke.

Dean wipes off his jeans and grips his knife.

"The nerve you have to come here."

Crowley pours himself a scotch from the bottles and glasses sitting on a table pushed against the wall.

"The nerve? Now, what ever do you mean? I do believe I was sent an invite."

Oh, the sarcasm this man has.

"A soul. You stole it. Sorta belonged to someone we know." says Sam, taking a step forward.

Crowley let's out a loud laugh and takes a sip of his drink.

"A soul? Moose, I don't think you quite get who I am. Nice to meet you. I'm Crowley, king of hell. Ring a bell? I take souls every damn day. I don't keep track."

Dean clenches his jaw, resisting all urges to rip Crowley's throat out. He's the one who can get her soul back.

"Oh, I think you know who. You took it personally. (Y/n), purgatory. Ring a bell?" says Sam, mimicking Crowley's voice on the last sentence.

Crowley takes a sip and then looks to the couch.

"Oh yes," he smiles.

"Of course I remember. How could I forget? Steal of a lifetime."

Dean let's out a yell and runs at him again.

"Ah ah, squirrel. I wouldn't do that."

Dean stops in his tracks and looks to you. You're peacefully sleeping. You look normal, not like a soulless vampire. He'll never get used to that.

"I have something you want." sings Crowley, taunting the boys.

"But does she?" He asks.

Dean's taken back by that question and looks to you.

"What do you mean?" finally speaks Cas.

"Ah, wings! Almost didn't notice you were here! How's the wife and kid?"

Cas gives Crowley a 'don't push me' look and Crowley obeys it.

"Yes well, let's just ask her instead, shall we?"

Just then Crowley snaps his fingers and you wake up, inhaling sharply. Your eyes fly open and you catch your breath. You look at the boys watching you and stand up.

"What the hell? Did you...did you knock me out?" you yell, looking at Cas.

"You used your angel juice on me!? How dare you!" you scream, showing your sharp teeth peeling in front of your human ones.

Your already bloodshot eyes turn darker.

"(Y/n), calm down. Please, baby. Please."

You look into Deans eyes and something inside of you sees something in them. Something your soulless self hasn't felt since you've been back. That feeling suddenly passes, as does your anger.

You calm down and Cas is sadly watching you. You look to Sam and his eyes are on something else. You turn your head and see Crowley standing by the liquor, smiling at you. You turn and start walking to him.

"Crowley, you son of a bitch!" you yell.

Dean goes to grab your hand but misses.

"(Y/n), no!" he yells.

They hold their breath, ready to fight, as you walk up to him. You smile and embrace Crowley in a hug, pretending to sink your fangs into him. He laughs and pours you a drink. The boys are all confused and don't try to hide it.

"How have you been, lil' devil? How long has it been?" you ask, smiling.

He hands you a glass and shrugs.

"Too long. Feels like centuries."

You two laugh at his joke when Dean speaks up.

"Um, what's happening right now? Lil' devil?"

You look to him and smile.

"Oh guys, this is Crowley."

Sam laughs and rubs his neck.

"Yeah, oh we know who he is, but how do you?"

You let go and take a drink of scotch.

"Since purgatory. He's the one who took my soul."

Dean is beyond confused and angry, mostly at the way Crowley's touching you.

"Took? Don't you mean stole?"

"Well, technically yes." you say, as you and Crowley laugh.

"I see it more as him doing me a favor."

Dean closes his eyes and rubs his eyes.

"Excuse me? Favor?"

"Well yeah. Don't you see Dean? Soul me was weak and scared and worthless. The new me, soulless me, is strong and brave and in control. I'm a whole new person."

"Yeah," says Sam.

"You're literally a different person. This isn't you!"

"Good!" you yell.

Everyone gets quiet.

"So, (y/n)," says Crowley, breaking the silence.

"Want your soul back?" he jokingly asks, obviously knowing the answer.