Part 3: Guardian Angel

The car ride home was comfortable. Sam drove the Impala, a rare occurrence, and you and Dean sat in the back. Dean never took his hands off of you. Ever since he realized it was really you, he kept you close. He was afraid that at any moment he'd lose you again. It was now one of his biggest fears. He sat with his arm snaked around your waist, while you laid your head on his shoulder. He had his mouth on your head as he breathed you in.

It was silent. There was no talking and no radio, yet it was everything you could've wished for. They're going to want to know everything that happened, and you were prepared. Bobby was following close behind in his truck as you guys drove. You opened your eyes and look out the window. Your brows furrow when you don't realize the route you're going. The road's different, the trees are different, the turns are different. Where are you going? You stay silent, not wanting to be the one who breaks the silence.

Several minutes pass when you finally feel the car slowly come to a stop. You open your eyes once more and it lands on a giant building. You sit up straighter and look around.

"Where are we?" you ask, opening the car door.

Dean watches you and smiles. There was a lot for them to know, and a lot for you. You slide from the car and hear Bobby pull up. Dean slides out behind you and grabs your hand. You turn and smile at him. He can't stop looking at you, afraid that if he looks away, he'd wake up from this beautiful dream.

You look back at the building as Sam unlocks and opens it. Dean tells you everything. He tells you about the Men of Letters, the tablets, and Kevin. You listen intently, taking in everything he's saying. You walk inside and look around the bunker. It's gigantic. Definitely, a place where hunters could call home. You immediately love it and walk down the stairs.

"So Sam, you killed Kevin?"

Everyone stops in their tracks and stare at you. Sam clenches his jaw and looks down. You look between the boys and chuckle.

"Oh, touchy subject?" you ask.

"Very touchy." says Sam, giving you a stern look.

You smile and put up your hands in a 'sorry, won't ask again' gesture. Dean gives Sam a sympathetic look as you all turn away. You all walk into the kitchen as Sam stays behind, suspiciously watching you.

You walk around and explore the bunker with Dean right behind. You walk through the rooms and look around. You turn to face him.

"I love it."

He smiles and nods.

"It's a nice place to call home. Just wish you were here when we found it."

His face falls. You walk to him and wrap your arms around his waist. You smirk and lean up to gently place a kiss on his lips.

"Well, I'm here now, baby."

He smiles and leans down to kiss you. You're interrupted when Bobby calls for you. You break away and smile, taking his hand and walk down the hallway. You two enter the front of the bunker and sit at the dining room table.

"Okay," starts Bobby, sitting in front of you.

Dean places his hand on your leg. Sam's secretly glaring at you.

"How'd you get out?" he bluntly asks.

You smile and look down at your hands.

"Well, it was crazy. Benny and I were trying to fight off these vamp-"

"Wait, Benny? Vampire Benny?" asks Dean.

You look up and smile at him.

"Yeah. I met him! He saved my life. Told me stories about you two. Like how you killed him to save Sam." You say looking at Sam and mischievously smile at him.

Dean remembers the memory and looks down. Sam shakes his head and changes the subject.

"Where is he now?"

You straighten up and shrug your shoulders.

"His hometown. Told me to tell you hi," you say, smiling at Dean.

He looks up and smiles, the guilt melting from his face.

"Okay, but how did you get out?" asks Sam.

"You're not going to believe me." you say, looking away.

"Baby, yes we will." says Dean, sitting up straighter.

You hesitate before answering.

"An angel. An angel got me out."

The boys all look each other, but not shocked. You look at them and shake your head.

"What?" you ask.

"What was this angel's name?" asks Dean.

"You don't actually believe that an angel got me out!"

You laugh.

"Just answer the question!" sternly says Sam.

Dean looks to him and gives him a 'back off' look. You look at Sam then back to Dean.

"He said his name was Castiel, I think?"

Dean exhales and rubs his face, Sam backs up from the table and stands up, running his hand through his hair. You watch them confused.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

Dean looks at you and his face softens.

"No, no! It's not you! It's just," he looks down, angry.

"Damnit, Cas!" he exclaimed.

Just then the sound of fluttering wings sounds behind you. You quickly turn and see the same man in a trenchcoat standing there. Dean looks up and stands.

"Cas?" he asks, walking to him.

He leaves your side for the first time since you've been here.

"What the hell, man?!"

Cas cocks his head to the side, confused.

"Why are you angry, Dean? I thought you'd be pleased that I brought (y/n) back."

Dean looks down and exhales.

"No, I am happy. I'm beyond happy that she's back, and thank you. But, you've been MIA for months now and the first time we hear about you is when you bring (y/n) back from freaking purgatory!"

Cas nods and he looks drained. You stand up and walk to him. He looks at you and smiles.

"Thank you," you say.

He nods his head.

"You're welcome."

Dean grabs your hand and squeezes.

"But there's something I need to tell you." he says, looking directly at you.

You nod, wanting him to continue.

"What? What is it?!" demands Dean.

"It's Crowley," he looks at you.

"The one we had the war with."