#5: First Years

“Bye, Ya-chan!”

Yachi flinched when you called her by her nickname made by you. Sure, it was not pretty unique, a lot of people, relatives perhaps, called her with that nickname, but there's just something special about you calling her that.

“Y-yeah, bye Y/n-chan,”

Yachi said as she raised her hand and wave at the energetic girl. Few days have passed and the day Kiyoko invited them was almost coming. Yachi thought she could make Y/n forget the event that will happen this Saturday, but she failed miserably because the girl seems so ecstatic to describe almost every day how she is feeling as the days goes nearby the event.

Yachi, put her hands down when she saw Y/n's back was facing her, slowly disappearing from her sight. She felt her heart burst into something she can't explain, making her biting her lips. She knew her relationship with you was a lot more than just mere strangers.

Y/n is now her friend.

..Yeah, her friend.

Yachi blinked before deciding to also continue her walk home that is the opposite way with you. While walking, she repeated the word ‘friend’ in her mind, because somehow that word sounded too bitter when she think and say it.

---

A hum escaped your lips as you felt the wind caress your cheeks which also makes your hair flew slightly in the air. It was slightly getting dim, but you knew you'll be home in time.

So far, you've loved this place. Everything you wanted was here, a better family relationship, a person who you could call a friend, and your favorite all-time favorite anime characters are real! What more could you ask for?

You stopped your humming when you heard two voices who are arguing.

Bwaaah!”

“Oi! Concentrate! The 3-on-3 match is tomorrow!”

It was quite muffled since you can tell the voice was quite far from where you are standing. A scene quickly flashes from your mind, when you remembered the order of the anime.

Clutching your bag in hand, you walked slowly to the place where you heard the voices and your eyes gleam as you saw the two characters that left an impression on you back when you watched the anime.

They were arguing something about the match that will happen tomorrow but you still stood there not too far away from them grinning as you've never seen two boys arguing before.

It was Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio.

You saw how Hinata grumbled something from himself before he looked back to go to the near tree because the ball was stuck there but he stopped when he saw you.

Your eyes were big at your surprise when his brown eyes met your (e/c) eyes. On instinct, you were about to turn away when Hinata called out for you.

“Oi! Stranger! Where are you going?”

You whipped your head at the one who called you. The cheerful voice that you could recognize but this time it sounded so real, you didn't even notice that he was coming for you.

You almost step back when he stopped exactly 3cm away from you. His eyes gleaming in interest while he was smiling. He looks like he was excited to meet you.

“You're that first year who took a three days absence in just the first week!”

Everything was a surprise to you that you didn't absorb what he just told you, when it did, you became red when you realize what he just said.

“H-how..?” You tried to ask him but embarrassment was all over you and you just wanted to hide somewhere.

Fortunately, Hinata catches up and saw that you're getting embarrassed. He realized what he did and how close he is, he stepped six feet away from you and scratch his head. His cheeks are also slightly red.

“One of my classmates told me that when we passed by you in the hallways,”

“H-huh..”

“Yeah! You're pretty popular, new-student-who-took-three-days-leave-from-your-first-day!” He excitedly said.

You unconsciously hang your head low, what the actual fuck? Now, I'm rumored!?

Hinata once again notice what he did, “A-Ah! I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just feel like—”

“Oi! You stupid! Will you cut that out already,” You lifted your head and meet dark blue eyes. He looked at you for a while before looking at Hinata, looking annoyed, “Can't you see, your embarrassing her!? Let's just go, you need to practice your receives and read the freaking room, dumbass,”

He harshly said before throwing the ball to Hinata that he got for himself because Hinata didn't get it. The ball almost got to the above head of Hinata but someone took it. The three of them stopped and look at the person who got it with ease.

“Are you guys the first years who caused problems on the first day?” A low mocking voice said.

Wah! You're wearing T-shirts! Isn't cold!?” Another voice said but this time more gentle than the first one.

Your eyes got wide once again when you realized who was now in front of you, it was Tsukishima Kei and Yamaguchi Tadashi. The other two first years.

There was a silence before Hinata made a noise, Wah! Hey, give our ball back!” He said trying to get the ball while Tsukishima gives out a smirk and lift more his hands that are holding the ball.

“What does a middle schooler doing here in high school,” Tsukishima said while looking down at Hinata.

Hinata was about to yell again when Tsukishima added, “And have no brains to know that his making someone uncomfortable,” This made Hinata stopped jumping.

Wh-what!?” he said but Tsukishima just chuckled and took you by surprise when he glances at you. Hinata seemed to notice and got the message quickly because he worriedly looks at your way.

You notice it right away, “A-ah! I-it's no big deal!” Also noticing that all of them are looking at you, a small anxious smile crept at your lips and decided that you should leave, “I'm gonna go now! I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!”

She said and quickly ran away from that scene. Not even noticing that she just told them that she will be at their small match tomorrow. While you were getting away Tsukishima narrowed his eyes at your retreating back.

“..Heh, interesting,” No one heard him except Yamaguchi.

Unfortunately, you also didn't notice how the supposed flow of the anime was.. already changed.

━━━━━━━━