Ch. 1 - Something Different

Hey! Ani here! I haven't written a book in ages, so if there are any grammatical errors, please point them out! And if it's cringy and weird, then I apologize cause I'm a terrible writer :) Oh, and these first few parts are probably going to be pretty short, so I apologize- again

Things you should know:

(Y/N) - Your name

(U/N) - Username

Enjoy!

~•🌹•~

  A ray of sunlight creeps upon my face, awakening me as my eyes flutter open. I pull myself upright, raising my hand above my head to shield my eyes from the dreaded sun, subtly hissing. My eyes explore my room before landing on the clock beside me.

8:46 am.

   My eyes widen as I start to panic. AGH! I WOKE UP 16 MINUTES LATE! NOW I AM BEHIND SCHEDULE! With a quick stretch of the arms and legs, I push myself off the bed and begin my morning routine.

  I stare into the bathroom mirror after finishing up, taking a deep breath before turning to the door and making my way downstairs. Preparing a quick breakfast of cereal and milk, I seat myself at the table and pull out a folded piece of paper from the edge.

To-Do List for The Week:

-Finish landscaping
-Expand the roads
-Collect a few shulker boxes of quartz, glass, spruce and stone bricks
-Start up on building the mall exteriors

  My lips curve into a smile as I hum, folding the paper back up and shoving it into my pocket as my eyes fixate outside. There sits a small city, which I plan on expanding into a larger one. It is one of my biggest projects yet and I am definitely proud of what has come out so far. Although my strong suit is mainly statue builds, I was still pretty confident with my architecture. Most of my inspiration came from a series called Hermitcraft. That server is filled to the brim with crazy good builders and I've always admired their determination and effort. Hermitcraft is the whole reason why I became a builder! It's unfortunate how I slowly ran out of time to watch them after season 4, now that I have more work to do.

"Well, I better get to work, I guess," I mumble. Ah, am I talking to myself again? I really need to get some kind of company. Maybe a pet, but with all this work and plans in my hands, I don't think I could give them the love and attention they need. It's not like I have many friends either. I shake the thought out of my head, finishing my cereal to collect the needed materials from my storage room before exiting the house.

  I equip my elytra and set my fireworks in my offhand, setting off into the air as sparks of light trail behind me. My eyes set on a large piece of marked land as I start gliding down, gracefully landing unharmed. I place each shulker box on the ground, glancing at the blueprints I brought before hopping to work.

~•🌹•~

   "Phew!" I sigh in relief, wiping the sweat off my forehead as I glide down from the roof of the building. I brush the dirt off my hands whilst taking a step back to take in the view of the newly built mall. With a satisfied grin, I cross off the task on my list and stuff it back into my pocket. I stare at the sunset for a moment as the sky dims into a darker atmosphere before returning home.

  Upon landing on my doorstep, I find a small envelope sitting on the ground. I scrunch up my face in confusion, as I don't get visitors that much, nor do I ever get any mail. My hand reaches down and picks up the envelope, my eyes dancing across the neatly written calligraphy displayed on the front.
  (U/N) it read. It's not every day that I see or hear my username due to the small community following me. Though it's much more common than my real name since I like to keep that a secret.
My head perks up at the sound of a low groan, realizing how dark the sky has become. I whip around to find mobs roaming around the area and huff, gently twisting the doorknob and pushing myself into the house. Shutting the door, I return my gaze to the envelope. I squint, debating whether I should open it or not. I averted my eyes from the shady item in my hands, shifting my vision between it and the floor before pushing myself to open it. I tear the seal off, opening up the flap and pulling out the folded piece of paper that laid inside. Unfolding it, I found a short paragraph neatly handwritten.

Dear (U/N),

I have seen quite a few of your builds, and I must say that they're absolutely amazing, even if I've only seen them through photos! I have not heard of you much, which I don't understand why, but I have perked an idea. I would like to officially invite you to join Hermitcraft Season 8! With your skills and talents, we can bring more interest and life to our world! If you're interested, please use the IP below to join the server anytime tomorrow sometime from the morning to the afternoon! Season 8 will be starting in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing you! :)

Signed,
Xisuma

  I drop the paper after reading the name as it gracefully floated down to the floor, my jaw hanging open from pure shock. Did- Did I just get invited to Hermitcraft? As in THE Hermitcraft server? I snap out of my thoughts, glancing down at the paper that sat on the floor. Below his signature was a server IP. I grow skeptical and, once again, have a debate on whether I should join or not.
It could be some kind of prank, right? But what if it's real? I'd be missing out on a really good opportunity! I give myself in and decide that I'll join at noon. I fold the paper up and place it back into the envelope, setting it on the counter before heading up the stairs. Rushing back to bed after getting changed, I sighed, snuggling into the sheets to get comfortable as I shut my eyelids closed. I ended the day on a pleasant note as usual, but from now on? My days will be so much better and enjoyable.