Ch. 8 - Distractions

!!!! Read for clarification
I'm gonna start to tie this fanfic with the actual season, like the Hermits' bases, alliances, etc. This is just cause I'm too lazy to make up a whole bunch of mega base concepts for every Hermit ;-; It'll still have the same charm and originality in all other elements! (Y/N) is still Stress' neighbour; they live in the central region. They're just no longer Grian's. Thanks for your cooperation :)

Things you should know:

(Y/N) - Your name

(U/N) - Username

(N/N) - Nickname

(P/N) - Parrot's Name

Enjoy!

~•🌹•~ 

  It's been a few hours since I met up with Mumbo. A few other Hermits have joined, including two specific Hermits I needed. I pull out my communicator, typing out a few words through whispers to one of the Hermits. I've been planning for a little something for a while and have been waiting for the perfect time. I watch the communicator's screen, awaiting a response from the other Hermit. It takes a second for the communicator to start buzzing.

  I read over the text quickly, and a smile creeps onto my face. I carefully grab my prepacked bag, with a secret weapon packed in it, and head out onto my next destination: Boatem.

  It took a bit, but after a while, I finally came upon a large community. I shuffle behind a nearby patch of bushes, unsure of my location. There were many unique buildings that filled the land, one of them being the very strange tower of boats surrounded by a pit directly in the center. I recognize a building from before, remembering it as Grian's starter base. Though, I'm not one hundred percent sure if he settles in Boatem. Heck, I'm not even sure if I'm in the right place, myself! Looking over the overload of maps I have of every region, I piece together the parts and hesitantly conclude that this was Boatem. I make a quick look around, intending to find a certain Hermit's base, my eyes landing on the few wagons by the right. 

  I sneak around the tall bushes in Boatem, waiting for my prey. Peeking around, I stealthily make my way to the massive section loaded with wagons. A small chirp comes from behind me as I feel the heavy bag on my back rumble. "Shh! Don't make too much noise (P/N)! We gotta wait for someone over there," I whisper as I make my way behind a forest of trees.

  No one seems to be around. "Hmm... He said he'd meet me here," I mutter lowly. Making one last check around the small area, I come to a conclusion. "He either forgot, or we went to the wro-"

  "Nope! Just a little late, " I hear the voice of the man I'm looking for from behind.  I check over my shoulder to be greeted by Impulse. To remain in a quiet atmosphere, I wave at him. He shuffles towards me, glancing over at the looming buildings of wagons before us.

  A moment of silence draws between us as we have just been staring at the deserted district. "So," Impulse starts without drawing his gaze away from the wagons. "What's the plan?"

  I take a second to observe the environment; off in the far distance can be seen two closely-bonded Hermits, Grian and Mumbo, having a conversation near a large handmade mountain. Ah, that's right. Mumbo asked to meet with Grian not too long ago. It takes me a moment to realize a minor detail as I skim a look over the two. The smaller one's face seems toned with a tint of red.

  I shake the thought off as I bring myself back on track with the main task at hand. I look around for Scar before a jukebox starts playing from within the front wagon. With this information, my mind plays around with different ideas before my head snaps towards him. Gently pulling the bag off my shoulders and setting it in between the two of us, I make up a last-minute plan.