Ch. 7 - Cold Treat Convos

this is a chapter based on the 3 heatwaves i've had within the timespan of 2 months this summer. it was terrible

Things you should know:

(Y/N) - Your name

(U/N) - Username

(F/A) - Favourite animal

(N/N) - Nickname

(P/N) - Parrot's Name

(F/F) - Favourite Flavour (just for this chapter <3)

Enjoy!

~•🌹•~

  It's been unbearably hot during the past few days, so I spent most of them inside. That doesn't mean I didn't make any progress, though!

  With the help of (P/N), I was able to schedule out my next few weeks. I have numerous plans for this season but have still made plenty of time for any extra activities.

  I seat myself at the bark of a tree, its clumped leaves sheltering me from the sunlight. It's the middle of the day, and I decided to take a break from working. (P/N) wanted to stay inside in the cozy cave.

  The sky is cloudless, the sun beaming its beauty across the land. Silence. There aren't any animals around the area to disrupt it. My eyelids drop down as my body relaxes into the environment.
Apart from the burning heat, I feel at peace.

  A light buzz from my pocket disrupts the calming silence. I pull out the buzzing communicator, reading the messages as they pop into view.

MumboJumbo: Hey, are you free atm?

  I know he's talking to me since we're the only two who appear to be online right now. But before I could respond, another message pops up.

MumboJumbo: Actually, wait
MumboJumbo: Prepare for a surprise :)

  What does that mean? I flip on the switch, scrambling to type out a quick reply.

(U/N): huh wdym?

  The leaves of the tree rustle from above me. I shutter, pushing myself to my feet.
A certain hermit in a suit tumbles from the branches and collapses onto the ground, causing me to yelp in surprise. Loose, green leaves scatter around him.

  I tilt my head at the sight of the still body. "Mumbo? Are you alright?" Mumbo laughs lightly at his clumsiness. "Oops. Crashlanding. But hi, (U/N)!"

  A smile creeps onto my face as I let out a light snicker with a wave. I quickly help him up and clean him from his messy manner.

  "So, what is it that you need?" I ask as I pick the last remaining leaf in his ruffled hair.

  "Nothin', I would just like to hang out if you're not busy; get to know you better, y'know?" I shudder, thinking it through for a moment. "Aren't you busy?"

  He blinks and chuckles at me. "No, I'm taking a nice break for the day. We're not always busy as hermits."

  I nod understandingly before bringing the conversation back to the previous topic. "Well, I'm currently on break as well, so sure!"

  Mumbo brings his hands together for a clear clap. "Great! Just follow me!"

  He whips around and sends himself off into the air in one smooth motion. I run from beneath the tree and soon join my mustached friend, who waited for me in the sky.

  I follow Mumbo's lead as we soar in the sky, catching up to his side. "Where are we heading?" I question, slowing my pace to match his.

  The only response I receive is a giggle, raising my worries.