epilogue

a/n : sprinkle in some happiness for y'all before the alt ending

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

KANSAS.

Two weeks later.

Spencer and Bruce are standing outside of Spencer's school - old school. Former school.

She'd just been accepted into NYU into the fall semester. It was last minute, and yes, there were exceptions made by Tony Stark's name, but only because of the program. Because Spencer was in the Stark's program, not because she was his... well, whatever she is to him.

"You ready?" Bruce checked, and Spencer turned to him and nodded.

The two Banners walked into the school, their chins held high.

Nicole was already there, filling out some last-minute forms for withdrawal when she saw Spencer and Bruce walk in. She waved at them through the window of the office.

"We should go join her," Bruce told Spencer, his hands tucked in his jeans.

"Right, yeah," Spencers agreed, tearing her eyes from the hallway in front of her. "You go," she urged him. "I'll catch up."

Bruce gave her shoulders a quick squeeze before joining her in the main office.

Spencer began her journey down the hallway, only stopping when she saw room 204.

Carefully, she knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

"Hey, Mr.Turner," Spencer greeted, entering the doorway. Mr.Turner looked surprised, putting down the box

"I'm actually transferring," Spencer mentioned with a little shrug. "I figured I should let you know myself."

"Oh," Mr.Turner said with a nod. "Any place around here?"

"No," Spencer replied with a shake of her head. She hesitated before answering, "I'm going to NYU. Now. It's with this sort of this internship I'm a part of."

Mr.Turner started at her, blinking rapidly. "That's amazing, Spencer!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool," Spencer agreed with a tight smile. "I just wanted to thank you. For the assignment, It helped me a lot."

"That was the goal," Mr.Turner agreed with a smile, taking a seat on his desk. "I'm proud of you, Spencer. I think you've grown a lot, this summer."

Spencer nodded. "You don't know half of it," she laughed nervously. "I should go," she told him. "I'm just finishing some paperwork. But thank you, again."

"Of course, Spencer," Mr.Turner promised. "Reach out anytime."

✰✰✰

BACK AT THE OFFICE, SPENCER MET HER PARENTS.

"Hey, Kid," Bruce greeted as Spencer smiled up at him. "You're mom's signing off on a few last fees. I think Tony and Pietro are coming," he mentioned, and Spencer looked over to where the two had been walking through the door.

"Did you get her to sign the NDA?" Bruce questioned, referring to April. Tony had agreed to see her first since Bruce and Spencer might only cause an uproar with the girl who figured out their secret. Pietro went with. He promised not to make a mess, but she could never really be sure with him.

If April's backyard was on fire or something, she wouldn't be surprised.

"Yeah," Tony agreed. "She's not saying anything for a long time."

"Where did you go?" Pietro asked Spencer, aside from the conversation.

"I wanted to see a teacher of mine," Spencer explained, with a shrug. Pietro was staring at her weirdly. "The one with the journal assignment."

"Oh, diary man," Pietro specified, and Spencer attempted to kick at his ankle, but failed. His laugh sounded out, and Bruce and Nicole turned around.

"All signed," Bruce announced, putting the papers on the desk. "You're officially unenrolled."

"Good!" Spencer exclaimed. "Guess I'm a highschool dropout now, huh?"

Bruce's smile fell. "Not funny."

The silence from her mother was weird concerning, and Spencer glanced over to realize her mother was staring very aggressively at Pietro. Pietro's matched her stare.

"Hello," he said formally with a small nod of his head.

"Hi!" Nicole said, breaking out into a smile, extending her hand to say. "You must be Peter."

Pietro's eyes went wide, and he opened his mouth to speak, but Spencer was miles ahead of him.

"Mom!" Spencer exclaimed, irritatedly.

A hand clasped on Spencer's back, and Bruce laughed out, "Now that's funny."

The adults began to shuffle out of the room, one by one, but Pietro and Spencer lingered a little longer.

"Will you miss this?" Pietro asked, almost hesitant to know.

Spencer shook her head. "No," she admitted. "I wish I could say differently, but...no."

"I am happy," Pietro said. "With what you chose."

Spencer smiled. She reached forward, clasping his hand in hers. "Me too," she agreed. "I'm really happy."

"So you go to college now," Pietro concluded as the two began to walk out of the school together, hand in hand. Spencer nodded. Pietro nodded too, squinting up at the sky before asking, "Am I invited to the parties?"

Spencer laughed and squeezed his hand. "Yes, of course," Spencer promised.

"Do you ever think..." Pietro started, losing his words for a second. "Do you think you will ever be an Avenger?"

Spencer paused, tilting her head. "I don't," she admitted. "Bruce mentioned it, but I'm not sure," she said with a shrug. "It's a lot to handle."

Pietro squinted down at her. "You are a lot to handle."

"Yeah, whatever, Peter."

"Not funny," he countered, glancing once to see the adults still walking towards the car. "Come on," he said, picking Spencer up when the office lady retreated to her office.

Before Spencer could ask what he was doing, they were in the football stadium, underneath metal supports.

"What are you doing?" Spencer asked, staring at him like he'd gone crazy. Pietro smirked.

"Kiss me under the bleachers," he said. "It's an American cliche."

Spencer rolled her eyes but didn't resist when he pulled her flush against him, locking her lips with his.

"Darling," Pietro said, pulling away after a moment. Spencer smiled but looked at him funny. "It's what draga means."

Spencer furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah I know," she laughed out. "I googled it like a month ago."

Pietro rolled his eyes, but he's already being pulled back into a kiss.