3 | ʟᴏss

•𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒 6, 2021•

I smacked my glove on the ground and angrily sat on the bench. How did we lose? That's fucking bullshit. Benny kept eyeing me and a sly smirk plastered his face.

I rolled my eyes and started digging in my bag for my water. As I was searching for it, I realized all my candy was gone. What? I don't remember eating all of it.

I kept searching around, but it was nowhere to be seen. I huffed and tapped Jordan's shoulder. His head snapped towards me with confusion painted on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Um...did you eat the candy that was in my bag?" I asked.

His head shook. "Nope, I haven't gone in your bag."

I sighed. "Okay, sorry."

He waved it off and looked back at his friends. That's when I heard Benny's team laughing hysterically. I quickly snapped my head up to look at them and saw Benny waving a piece of candy over his face. My eyes widened with anger as my jaw clenched tightly.

I frantically ran over to him and shook my head. "What the hell?! You asshole!"

He kept laughing. "What? It was a little victory snack."

"But it's mine!" I whined. "That doesn't mean you get to take it!"

"Why do you care so much?" Squints asked. "Just get some more."

"I know I can get more, but that's still mine!"

Benny scoffed. "Calm down, Peterson. It's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?! I need that to survive!" I shouted.

He snickered. "You don't need it."

I angrily nodded my head. "Yes, I do."

He did big, sarcastic puppy dog eyes. "Aw, why?"

"Because I have-" I quickly stopped myself.

They all waited for an answer. Benny looked around. "You have what? Don't be shy."

I rolled my eyes. "Never mind. Don't steal my shit again."

I then stormed away and started packing up my things. I still wanted to slap Benny in his stupid face. He's such a baby. As I stormed out of the field, I bumped into someone. They shrieked and I snapped my head up to see them. It was just Benny's stupid girlfriend, Maddie.

"Ew!" She shrieked. "Get away from me you creep!"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't even do anything."

She began wiping her arms and shirt, like a weirdo. "Ugh! Now all of your disgusting germs are on me!"

I was about to yell at her until I heard footsteps behind me.

"What's going on?" Benny's voice echoed behind me.

I mentally cursed at him and saw his arm wrap around Maddie's waist.

"Emmy practically pushed me out of the way and now her germs are all over me!" Maddie huffed.

I gasped. "That didn't happen! You need to watch where you're going, dumbass!"

"Woah, Woah, Woah!" Benny shouted. "Leave her alone!"

"Ugh!" I groaned. "I didn't even wanna see her anyway!"

Benny's jaw clenched. "Let's go, babe. We don't deserve to be around this piece of garbage."

She smirked at me as she walked away with Benny. My eyes rolled in anger as I continued stomping out of there. I hate them.

- - - -

I stormed into my house as my sensor beeped like crazy. I frantically ran to the fridge and grabbed some juice. I chugged it down faster than ever and started catching my breath.

"Geez," Luke murmured behind me. "I thought a bull just stormed in here."

My eyes rolled. "Thanks."

He put on a stupid smile. "I'm just teasing you, sis."

He ruffled my hair as he walked past me. I quickly fixed it and sighed.

"Did you guys win today?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. Benny and his stupid team won, then Maddie acted as if I pushed her out of my way when I barely touched her."

He sucked in a sharp breath through his teeth. "Ouch. Sounds pretty rough."

I nodded. "It was. I hate Maddie so much."

He nodded. "I agree. She's a brat."

Finally, he agrees with me.

"I know right." I grumbled. "And Benny stole all of my candy out of my bag, so I didn't have anything to pump up my blood sugar."

"Aw," His tongue clicked. "I'm sorry. You should just tell them so they won't mess with it anymore."

I frantically shook my head. "No, way. If I told them, they would tease me for it."

His shoulders shrugged. "So? It's not your fault that you have it."

I huffed. "I know, but it would still be embarrassing."

He shrugged again. "Suit yourself. I'm gonna go take a nap."

I looked at him. "It's three o'clock."

"So?" He shook his head. "Who cares."

I waved a hand at him. "Whatever."

He then ran up to his room and that's when Sparky ran over to me.

"Sparky!" I clapped my hands. "Come here! Come on!"

His tail wagged happily as he licked my face all over. I burst out laughing while smiling.

"That tickles!"

I then gave him some treats and ran up to my room. I set my bag down on my bed, grabbed some clean clothes, and hopped in the shower. I hope my secret never gets out...

・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★・。・。☆

author's note:
we don't like Maddie🙄 Idk what else to say lol so stay gold
~Olivia🤍

{3/21/21}