10 | ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

•𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒 20, 2021•

I knocked on Phillips's door and waited patiently for him to answer. A minute went by and nothing happened, so I knocked again. Another minute went by...nothing. Geez, I swear this kid is deaf. An annoyed sigh escaped my mouth as I creaked the door open.

"Jordan?" I called out.

Still nothing. I walked up to his room and lightly knocked on the door.

"Um, Jordan?" I questioned.

I heard him frantically whisper to someone and loud shuffles. I hummed in confusion and cracked the door open.

"Hey." He smiled suspiciously.

"Hey..." I muttered. "Um, you okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

My shoulders shrugged. "I don't know. I thought I heard somebody else."

He swallowed nervously, but laughed it off. "No, no, no, that was nothing. Come here."

His arms wrapped gently around my waist before he kissed me. For some reason, this kiss felt off, like someone else had kissed him before me. I pulled away and stared him down.

"What are you hiding?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing...why?"

I ripped his arms off of me. "You're hiding something and I'm gonna figure it out."

"Babe, I'm not hiding anything." He shook with fear. "I-I promise..."

I ignored him and began searching around his room for anything. I peeked under the bed, but nothing stuck out to me. I walked over to his closet, but before I could look inside, he dragged me away from it.

A nervous chuckle left his mouth. "Emmy, I swear I'm not hiding anything. You can trust me."

I hesitated and kept peeking my eyes at the closet. He cupped my cheek with his hand and made me face him.

"Stop worrying so much, okay?" He nodded.

I sighed. "Alright...I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." He shook his head.

He placed another kiss on my lips, but it still felt wrong. Suddenly, I heard something crash inside his closet. My head snapped towards it as his eyes grew with fear.

He kept a tight grip on my waist. "Ignore that. I must've placed something in there the wrong way."

I pushed him off of me and swung the closet open. Sitting on the floor was none other than Maddie. I'm not surprised honestly. I gasped while grabbing her hair. She screamed and squirmed around.

"I can trust you, huh?!" I shouted angrily. "Then why the fuck is she here?!"

Jordan trembled in fear. "I-I can explain-"

"There's no need for explaining! I think I know exactly what's going on here! You cheated me for Maddie?!" I shrieked. "That's so dumb!"

"Shut up, bitch!" She grunted.

I smacked her face. "This isn't your conversation, bitch!"

She whimpered and my head snapped back to Jordan. He sighed hopelessly. "I'm sorry, Emmy..."

I scoffed. "Fuck off."

I threw Maddie in front of him and she rubbed her head. I stormed out of his room, but he quickly stopped me.

"Emmy, please let me explain." He begged.

I shoved him away. "No, leave me alone."

"Emmy, please!" His voice cracked with tears. "Please!"

I smacked him away and bolted out of his house. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I just kept running. I liked Jordan and this was honestly upsetting. Out of anyone in the world, he chose Maddie? He must be high or something.

Somehow, I ended up at Benny's house. I pounded on the door while shaking endlessly. It soon opened and his face immediately turned into worry.

"Emmy, what's wrong?" He asked.

I couldn't even get my words out. I just wrapped my arms around him and cried onto his shoulder. He just rubbed my back lightly and his light hushes echoed in my ear.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay." He reassured. "Talk to me."

- - - -

His eyes widened. "He cheated on you for Maddie? What a loser!"

I nodded. "I know right?! Out of everyone in the world, it had to be her."

He shook his head in disbelief. "That's so dumb."

I nodded again and tried to hold back my tears. He sighed softly.

"I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to be with someone like him."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah...but I love him so much."

He looked hurt when I said that, but didn't say anything about it. He nodded. "I know, but at least he's with someone as horrible as him."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I guess so."

He smiled. "Don't stress over him. He's not thinking straight if he let go of someone as amazing as you."

A small smile painted my lips as I pushed the hair behind my ears. "Really?"

He nodded. "Of course."

And that's when I felt it. I felt that feeling in my stomach that I desperately tried to push away.

"Thanks..." I kept smiling.

"No problem." He smiled back at me. "Now, let's do something that doesn't involve crying over someone stupid."

I laughed lightly. "Sounds good."

He chuckled back at me and that's when I knew it. I knew that I was now hopelessly in love with Benny Rodriguez.

・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★・。・。☆

author's note:
AHHH SHE'S IN LOVEEEE😫 lmao sorry. stay gold
~Olivia🤍

{3/23/21}