6 | ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

•𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒 15, 2021•

I peeked my head through the fence to see if Benny and his friends were at the sandlot. Surprisingly, they weren't. I smirked and quietly crept onto the field. There wasn't much there, but I kept looking around.

I suddenly heard angry voices coming out of the treehouse. I gasped and panicked. I wouldn't have enough time to get out of there, so I had to hide. I dove behind a bush just in time and saw Benny and Maddie walk onto the field.

"I said no!" Benny shouted.

Maddie scoffed. "But you were so eager to do it all those other times!"

He groaned. "Yeah, but things can change! I don't feel comfortable doing that anymore!"

I had no idea what they were talking about. What were they doing? They argued for what felt like hours and I swear Benny's eyes locked with mine at some point.

"Babe!" Maddie shrieked. "You're being ridiculous!"

"I'm not being ridiculous!" He defended. "I'm just trying to tell you that no means no!"

"I know what no means!"

"Well, clearly you don't!" He scoffed. "Just leave me alone!"

He tried to walk away, but Maddie quickly stopped him. She gripped onto his wrist and yanked him back. Before he could react, she smashed her lips onto his. His eyes widened in discomfort as he shoved her away.

"Stop!" He begged. "Please!"

She huffed. "Hmph! You're an asshole!"

His eyes rolled, but he didn't protest with her. She stomped out of there and Benny's eyes darted to me.

"You can come out, stalker." He grumbled.

I nervously stood up. "Um, I-I wasn't trying to stalk you guys..."

He nodded sarcastically. "Mhm, sure. Why were you on our field?"

My hand nervously scratched the back of my neck. "I-I was looking for Jordan..."

"Hm," He hummed. "And why would he be here?"

My shoulders shrugged. "He's a weirdo like that."

He stepped towards me, his jaw clenched tightly, "Get the fuck off my field before I hurt you even worse than Maddie did."

I whimpered. "Fine..."

I quickly ran past him and was almost to the exit, when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind a bush. I shrieked loudly before his hand clapped over my mouth.

"Be quiet." He gritted through his teeth. "You're gonna get us both killed."

I whimpered but obeyed him. My breath was shaky as sweat started to build upon my forehead. Is he gonna kill me? Oh, my...

"Rodriguez!" A boy's voice yelled. "Rodriguez, we know you're here! Come out and be a big boy!"

Benny just kept quiet and I didn't move a muscle. Three boys walked onto the field and I swear one of them had a gun in their pocket. Another pulled out a pocket knife and popped it open.

"Come on out, Rodriguez." One chuckled. "We aren't gonna hurt ya."

"Yeah, we just wanna talk." Another taunted.

I looked at Benny in confusion and he just put his finger over his mouth. I kept quiet and watched the boys search the field. I thought we were safe until my stupid sensor started beeping, telling me that the battery was low. Fuck!

Benny looked at me with angry eyes. I shrugged slightly and one of the boys silently waved the others over. He held his knife out and Benny gripped onto my wrist tighter.

"Follow my lead, alright?" He whispered.

I just nodded and their footsteps got closer.

"Come on, Benjamin." One chuckled again. "We know you're here."

They started teasing him, but he didn't say anything. They were inches away from the bush and my heartbeat was pounding in my ears.

"Gotcha!" A boy with black hair ripped the bush open. "Oh, man! He's got another friend with him!"

Benny just panted nervously and kept his mouth shut. One of them grabbed him and a small grunt left his mouth.

"Let him go!" I suddenly burst out.

You idiot! Why would you do that?!

One nodded his head towards me and in one swift move, another picked me up. I screamed and their arm wrapped around my neck. I wiggled around as tears streamed out of my eyes.

"Where is it?" One of them asked Benny.

His lower lip quivered. "I-I don't have it..."

He balled up his shirt in his fists. "What do you mean you don't have it?!"

"I forgot!" He defended. "I'm sorry!"

"Sorry isn't gonna cut it, Rodriguez." They gritted through their teeth.

They nodded their head at me again and felt a knife blade press onto my neck. I screamed again, but it was quickly muffled by the guy's hand covering it up.

"Now," He started. "Give it to us or your friend here dies."

Benny's eyes widened. "Don't you dare get her involved with this. She didn't do anything."

He scoffed. "I don't wanna ask you again, Ben. Cough it up."

He put his hands up in defense. "I-I promise I'll bring it tomorrow, but just please let her go."

He smirked. "Oh, we will."

The guy snapped his fingers and I felt the arm around my neck tighten its grip. I gasped for air and kicked around.

"Stop!" Benny begged. "Please!"

They held Benny back as I felt my vision blur. I lightly winked at Benny and pretended to pass out. They threw me on the ground and I tried my hardest to keep my chest movements light.

"Hm," One of them hummed. "That was quick."

I smirked mentally and heard Benny's panicked breath calm down.

"Now, hand it over." They demanded.

Benny groaned. "I said I would bring it tomorrow."

Before they could say anything else, I grunted and kicked the one that was holding Benny. He groaned and let go of him.

"Come on!" I shouted as I grabbed Benny's hand.

"Go get them, idiots!" The one I kicked yelled at his friends.

We bolted out of there and I heard their footsteps pounding behind us. I smiled and yanked Benny into an alleyway. I clapped a hand over his mouth and held him against the wall. They bolted past us and I smirked. Nailed it.

・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★・。・。☆

author's note:
this chapter sucks pfffft🙄. I don't know what to say lmao so stay gold
~Olivia🤍

{3/23/21}