Agent Killer

You pace up and down nervously, eying the mini-bar

You pace up and down nervously, eying the mini-bar. You were in Atlanta on a case, and this one had got to you a little bit more then the others. Maybe it was because it was your home town, but it was more likely the fact that a serial killer was victimising female FBI Agents with your colouring. This was worse then anybody had ever seen before, and even after two days you hadn't managed to gather enough for a profile.

Another thing that didn't help matters was Hotch. The way he had been acting lately was... off. Normally you could joke around with him, and very occasionally he would laugh. Everyone seemed to notice the frequency of his rare smiles sky-rocket when you were around, which meant that everyone had most certainly noticed the fact that lately he had started calling you by your last name again, just like he did when you were a new agent. Derek had collared you to ask about if you'd had a fight with Hotch, but all you could say was the truth- you honestly didn't know what was wrong with him, but whatever it was wasn't good.

You finally stopped pacing after what felt like hours and decided on the action plan you had first thought up hours before but were a bit too nervous to do. Checking your pyjamas over in the mirror, pleasantly surprised to see your lacey vest seemed to perfectly complement your plaid pants, you picked up your room key and phone before leaving the hotel room and starting off down the corridor to JJ's.

'Hey, can I come in?' You asked as she opened the door with a smile.

'What's up?'

'Look, I'm just a bit worried about this case. I really don't want either of us to sleep alone tonight, and we won't be much better off together, so I think we should sleep with the boys.' JJ looked sceptical before meeting your eyeline and seeing that you were deadly serious, a look of worry evident that was foreign in your eyes. 'Please, JJ. I won't sleep unless I know that you're safe.'

'Ok.' She replied slightly sceptically before smiling at you as you breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

'Do you want Morgan or Hotch?' You asked as she picked up her own room key and phone charger. Morgan and Hotch were the obvious choices: you needed strong alpha-males to make you feel safe and, whilst he did match that description, Rossi wasn't exactly the sharing type.

'Morgan.' JJ replied with a sigh before following you out to Morgan's room that was just across the hall.

'Hey mama.' He spoke kindly as he opened his door wearing just a pair of loosely tied grey joggers that showed off his v-line.

'Can JJ stop with you tonight?' Morgan looked slightly shocked as his eyes moved between the two of you. 'Look it's my fault ok. I'm just worried about this killer and I won't sleep if JJ's by herself. I'm gonna go sleep with Hotch if he lets me and if JJ's with you then I know she's safe.'

Morgan took a minute before nodding, moving to hold the door open for JJ as he smiled at her. 'Come in, pretty lady.'

'Thankyou.' You mouthed to Morgan as he nodded his understanding before watching you walk the few doors down to Hotch's door, seeing that he answered before disappearing from view.

'Are you ok?' Hotch asked with a slight look of concern as he tried to fathom over why you were knocking on his door late at night with your pyjamas on. Speaking of pyjamas, Hotch was wearing a navy T-shirt that fit tightly across his shoulders and just a pair of boxers.

'Yeh, yeh, I just...' Hotch looked at you slightly confused as you stumbled on your words a bit, shuffling uncomfortably. 'I just wondered if I could sleep with you tonight.' Hotch looked completely taken aback as he struggled for words. 'It's just that I'm worried about the case. He's killing FBI Agents that look like me, and I'd just feel safer if I was with you. I know we're sort of fighting at the minute, but I've made JJ stop with Morgan, and if you say no then I'm gonna have to ask Rossi so...'

'You can.' He interrupted your rambling with a tight-lipped smile. Moving aside to let you through, you immediately crawled under the covers as Hotch locked the door before walking over to you and picking up a couple of pillows off of the bed.

'What're you doing?' You asked.

'Sleeping on the floor.'

'Wait, please don't.' He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at you. 'I just, I need to see you. I need to know that you're here. I feel safe when I'm with you.' You spoke the last sentence slightly quieter but you knew he heard you as he nodded curtly before placing the pillows back down and sliding under the covers.

'Night, Hotch.'

'Night, Y/L/N.' He said as he turned off the lights and settled in besides you, both of you facing away from eachother and at the far ends of the bed. He made you feel safe, but he was still acting weirdly at the minute.

Just out of curiosity, you turned to face him, finding him looking at you. Without a word, you both turned fully towards eachother and you leant forwards into his touch, his large arms curling around you as you lay your head on his chest. He kisses you once on the forehead before muttering softly under his breath. 'Why did you pick to come in my room?'

Shifting slightly so you can look him in the eye, you smile up at him as your lips lay barely inches apart. 'You know why.'

He swallows once before leaning forwards to meet your lips, hesitantly at first before moving more strongly when he feels you kiss back. Deepening the kiss, he pushes you back against the mattress, lying with one of his legs imbetween yours as you hook your leg around his waist to pull him closer, feeling his growing hardness.

Truth be told, there wasn't a lot of sleeping that went on that night.