Chapter 2 Rewrite: Same old Lungmen

I walk out of the bar as quietly as I can and slowly walk back to my apartment, noting the address of The Golden Stereo on my phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up the next day, I check the clock.

It's 6:30, which is a bit too early for somebody who doesn't have a job, but I still get myself up out of bed and go through my morning routine.

"Might as well get myself ready for when I do get a job" I mumble to myself while brushing my teeth.

...

By 7 I find myself walking the streets of Lungmen, I'm heading towards the cafe I had gone to last time.

Checking my phone I see that Swire has paid me back the 10 dollars, I smile to myself and continue walking.

After a couple minutes of walking, I arrive at the cafe.

With no line, I walk up the register and ask for the same order as yesterday, a single cinnamon roll.

Getting my cinnamon roll quickly, I take a seat at one of the tables and text Swire.

hey swire I was wondering if you are free for today? I haven't been in lungmen for years and I was wondering if you could take me on a short tour-thing

Ignoring how I didn't capitalize the sentences but still capitalized the "i" I send it and start eating.

...

Finishing my cinnamon roll I get a buzz from my pocket. I open my phone to see a text from Swire.

Yeah im available for today, but I might have to cut short the tour thing if my job calls for it.

thats perfect, thanks in advance

Where and when should we meet up?

we can meet up back at the cafe that we went to yesterday. im already there

Got it, see you soon.

see ya

I get up and throw away my trash, putting my phone back into my pocket. A light breeze comes in through the windows and I retake my seat and start waiting for Swire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around half an hour passes, I entertain myself with another Cinnamon Roll as Swire walks through the door.

She waves at me before ordering, she uses her own cash this time, much to the pleasure of the cashier, before taking a seat with me.

The breezes dies down as I wait for her to start the conversation.

"So what exactly do you want to see?" She asks.

"Well I just wanted to get a small re-introduction for the city. See the points of interest, the good restaurants, the places to avoid, and just other stuff that probably changed after I left the first time."

"What did you do your first time in Lungmen?"

"I had mainly just been there to try and make a living and such, I had heard that Lungmen was a prosperous city and houses the best ways to make money on Terra." I answer her, "I had only stayed in a very safe and commercial area before leaving again after seeing that I wasn't getting what I expected."

"Mhm" Swire says with a thinking face.

...

"So you didn't really experience Lungmen outside of the basic safe and commercial districts?" She says.