Chapter 6: My First "Job"

As I lay down on the couch I think of all that I did to get to this moment, from the memories of my still ongoing time in Lungmen to the girls excluding Texas talking over my music, I close my eyes, and with one thought in mind, I slowly drift on into sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I open my eyes.

I first look around me and see no-one. I get up from the couch and check the time.

6, a bit early for most outside things. I say trying to find the bathroom to change clothes and do my morning routine.

...

"Here we go" I lightly say to myself walking into a staff bathroom, I should be considered staff right? I'm just not gonna question myself on that.

I go back into the main room before spotting where I had talked with the penguin about being "hired" for them, guess I'll check it out later to pass time. I think before getting out my cleaning supplies from my bag and walking back to the staff bathroom.

...

-and 20. I say finishing up my morning routine by brushing my teeth.

I pack up my cleaning supplies before walking back to the main room to see the public bathroom door locked.

I just watch the door as I move to my bag, just in case.

As I reach my bag I look away to put my stuff bag in the bag, or at least I was before I hear the unlocking of the bathroom door.

I just stuffed everything in the bag and then look back to the now open door to see Texas, one of my new co-workers.

"Hi Dylan" She solemnly says to me, "Hi Texas" I sat back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask Texas as we now sit on the couch.

"Nothing so far, we're looking for a job for you to do, a real one"

Killing 5 random dudes doesn't count as a "real job," good to know.

Silence enters as I go to check the time on my phone, just to realize that my phone isn't there.

I look around and then remember what happened yesterday, they were playing music from my phone, and I fell asleep before they were done.

After remembering that I make my way over to the speaker where I assume they were playing my music and I find my phone, I grab it and open it to see that it's 6:20, then I turn around to see that there was a clock next to me the entire time.

...

After getting my phone I sit back down on the couch, that Cafe opens at around 7:00. I think planning out my current day plan.

Then I hear a faint buzzing from Texas's pocket, she takes it out and then says to me, "We found you a job, let's get moving"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going, also where are the other girls?" I ask her in the car.

"We're going to the other side of Lungmen, we have to get something delivered." She says, "I stayed behind at the Bar to supervise you, the other girls are with boss."

"Makes sense" I say before looking out the window, admiring the views of early Lungmen. It's a really beautiful city on the surface.

...