7. Night of the Blasphemy

10th September, 1988

Truthfully, her life wasn't as different as she thought it would be without the boys. It was only 5 days, but that didn't negate the fact that it was longer than she'd gone in a long time without them. But it was for Pelle. Marlene knew she wouldn't be able to just stay away from Oystein; but she called him every single night. They'd talk over the phone for hours upon hours, making each other laugh and taking up precious hours of sleep.

At 10 pm, Oystein would call Marlene. And at 10 pm and 3 seconds, Marlene would pick up. 

So when 10:01 hit, Marlene was perplexed. Maybe they were having a late practice? Maybe a party? Then at 10:02, Marlene thought the phone lines must have been down. She couldn't call someone to check, at risk of Oystein calling and her missing it because the line's busy. 

But then 10:03 came strolling by along with a knock on Marlene's door. She was put out because Oystein didn't call, so she pattered over to the door in a quite deflated manner. How could he forget to call?

When she opened the door, she nearly had a stroke. 

"Oystein!" She jumped on the black haired man. Oystein stumbled a bit before holding the underside of her thighs with a chuckle. Marlene pressed so many kisses in so many places all over the right side of his face and neck. It had only been 5 days, but the telephone calls only made her miss his presence. Sure, it was nice to hear his voice, but to feel his warm skin under her lips is another thing entirely.

With surprisingly sure footsteps, Oystein walked back into the flat, while still carrying Marlene. He kicked the door closed with his foot then sat down on the bench near the front door. Marlene pulled her face away from his neck with an ear to ear grin on her face. Her heart felt like it was being squeezed. It was her Oystein. She was seeing him. In the flesh. Here he was. Just for her.

"Hey Baby, miss me?" Oystein asked, being an asshole. 

Rolling her eyes, she flicked the space between his eyebrows. "I fucking hate you."

"You obviously don't," he laughed. Marlene's smile infected her features so that she couldn't even pretend to be mad at Oystein. He ran his slender, calloused fingers through Marlene's gorgeous golden locks while letting his eyes trace over every feature of her face. Marlene's heart continued to be so full of affection and love that it hurt her physically. "I missed you."

"It's been 5 days, Aarseth," Marlene teased. Oystein scrunched up his face and pinched Marlene's exposed thigh. She yelped, only making Oystein laugh at her. Burrowing her face in Oystein's leather jacket, Marlene just enjoyed the moment. "I missed you too."

"It's been 5 days, Ohlin."

"Yeah, never mind, I really do hate you," she declared. Oystein chuckled lowly. Marlene showed her face again, allowing Oystein to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear. "So what the fuck are you doing here, Man? Pelle would kill you if he saw you here."

"Well, he's not here, is he?" Oystein pointed out. Actually, Pelle and Marlene were planning on going out tomorrow. But that was at noon, and Pelle wasn't going over to Marlene's house. So they were safe, Oystein was right. Without warning, Oystein stood up from the bench, still carrying Marlene. He started walking to Marlene's bedroom. "And am I not allowed to want to see my girlfriend? Is it such a sin to want to kiss her, instead of a phone receiver?"

"Ever the poet, my Love." 

As she spoke, Oystein laid her down on her soft lavender coloured sheets. Her hair splayed beneath her head, giving Marlene a golden crown as if she embodied the sun. The lights from the street below funneled in through the curtains, illuminating Oystein's pale but beautiful face. His eyes shone with nothing but welcoming tones of blue and loving shades of green. Marlene looked into those eyes and found herself falling even more for this stupid rocker. She knew it was wrong, but since when did being wrong feel so fucking right?