02

Julie and Roxanne take place at the dinner table and they all hold each other's hand. "Let's do it." Ray says. "Your turn Carlos."

"Thank you for the leftovers and the power of the mighty microwave. Amen." Carlos says.

"Amen." Both Julie and Roxanne say at the same time and everyone opens their eyes again. Roxanne sits between Julie and her dad while there's one plate no one has. Representing Julie's mom.

Ray starts to put spaghetti on the plates. "So Carlos tells me he found you two in the studio." Ray says.

"They were out there talking to themselves." Carlos adds looking at both girls smiling.

"We were rehearsing for a play." Julie lies chuckling.

"Hello hello!" They hear which is Julie's aunt. They look at each other with a little panic in their eyes.

"Busted." Carlos says. They all start taking away the extra plate and knife and fork, they hide them.

"Yeah we're in here." Ray says loudly to Julie's aunt. They act normal when she walks inside the kitchen.

"Spaghetti again." She says while putting a pot onto the counter in the kitchen. "That's too bad, I brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo." She adds.

"Sound delicious." Roxanne replies nicely making the woman smile brightly.

"Thanks tia it smells great." Julie adds looking over her shoulder to look at her aunt.

"You can have it tomorrow." Her aunt replies while putting the pot into the fridge. "I can't let you have leftovers every night. My sister and Johanna would kill me, may they rest in peace." She adds walking up to the table and standing between Julie and the empty spot. Johanna was Roxanne's mom. "Ow I see things are going better?" He asks pointing at the empty space.

"Actually, Julie and Roxanne have been cleaning out mom's studio." Ray says happily as a proud father. "Hopefully we can get the house on the market and some offer's soon." He adds.

"Well I like the sound of that." The aunt replies. "Moving from here is only gonna help you move on."
Roxanne looks over at the door to see Alex followed by Luke and Reggie walk in through the closed door.
"You've got to rip that Band-Aid off and get the pain over with." She adds.

The boys start walking over to the girls but Julie yells making them stop. "Uh that's me, ripping off the Band-Aid." She saves herself.

"There's my brave girl." Her aunt says, Roxanne shakes her head laughing. Reggie walks over to behind Ray, close to Roxanne.

"Hey." He says smiling at her, she smiles back but Carlos notices.

"Why do you smile at the door?" He asks grabbing everyone's attention.

"I didn't Carlos, I smiled at your dad." She replies. Luckily everyone believed her.

"Hey Julie." Luke says leaning closer to her. "I really like what you guys did with the place." He says.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie replies looking at him.

"Oh I'm just here to help mija." Her aunt replies making Julie turn her attention back to her.

Roxanne lets out a silent chuckle. "Oh I think that's our que to leave." Alex says to the other boys.

"I mean you should be at Pilates." Julie saves herself. "Thanks for bringing us food." She hugs her aunt.

"We should've called first." Reggie says looking at them. "Enjoy your dinner in peace." He winks at Roxanne who looks away quickly while her cheeks start going red.