13

It's morning and Julie and Roxanne walk downstairs together when they hear Ray sing in the kitchen. "I got a spark in me, hands up if you can see." Then they hear Reggie joining in too.

[Ray and Reggie]
When you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
I got a spark in me
Hands up...

"This is new." Julie says putting down her bag and jacket. Roxanne leans over the counter and looks at Reggie who smiles at her.

"Yeah I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast." Ray replies continuing to cook.

"Good morning." Reggie says looking straight into Roxanne's eyes. She smiles and blushes lightly.

"Good morning." She replies making Ray look up.

"Ow yeah, morning." Ray says smiling making Julie and Roxanne chuckle.

"He thought you were talking to him." Reggie says. "Me and Ray are pals now. It's a little one-sided, but it works." He adds.

"Look after, the talk we had the other night." Ray says. "I was thinking that I may have cost you girls an opportunity with that manager. So I was thinking..." Julie interrupts him.

"Dad, no. I shouldn't never snuck out." She says.

"Let the man speak. He's been stress eating all week." Reggie says putting his hand in front of Ray's stomach and circle it. "I don't know where he puts it though. It's like... firm." Roxanne chuckles and Julie hits her with her foot.

"Is there something funny here?" Ray asks smiling.

"No I just thought about some idiot I met the other day and uh... continue please." Roxanne sighs.

"Idiot? What idiot?" Reggie asks curious. Roxanne looks at him with big eyes before shaking her head.

"Okay, I know but I really want to support your band so I called in some favors, and I booked you a local gig." Ray says happily.

"Best dad ever! What?" Reggie says happily now too.

"Oh my gosh. Where? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?" Julie asks excitedly.

"Not quite. I called Flynn and she's gonna help us throw a party. Here. Tonight." Ray replies.

"Oh! So you booked a gig at our house?" Julie asks.

"Maybe I was a little too early with the best dad ever award." Reggie says making Roxanne smile.

"All right. Hear me out." Ray says ignoring Roxanne being weird. "You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band, and I'll get some colleagues to put you on film."

"So we can upload it on YouTube? Ray you're a genius!" Roxanne says smiling.

"Yeah! Now I'm the smart one huh." Ray says smiling.

"You'd do that for us?" Julie asks smirking.

"Yeah." Ray breathes out happily.

"Back to best dad ever. I'll go tell the guys." Reggie says as Ray walks away. He looks over at Ray. "Have a good day at work, Ray!" Reggie says. "It's cool you don't have to answer. Just..." he poofs away.

"So what was that what I just witnessed?" Julie asks Roxanne when no one else is there.

"I know, that was the weirdest morning ever." Roxy replies taking her stuff and walking to the door.

"No I ment you and Reggie, that was chemistry." Julie says smiling following Roxanne to the door.

"What do you mean, chemistry? It were just two friends talking." Roxanne replies walking outside with Julie following.

"No, you blushed hard, smiled and your totally in love!" Julie says happily.

"I'm not totally in love, it's only a small crush." Roxy replies making Julie jump excitedly.

"You should tell him, it's now or never anyways. And obviously he has a crush on you too." Julie says.

"Yeah, in my dreams. I don't even know how to tell him... let me think, he's a ghost Julie!" Roxanne sighs.

"Yeah, better stay away then." Julie says.

***

Roxanne is standing near her locker, putting some books in she won't need anymore. She hears a poof and turns to see Reggie leaning against the locker next from her with a big smile. "Hey." He says.

"What are you doing here? You know I can't talk right?" Roxanne asks closing her locker and turning to him. He laughs and nods.

"Luke send me, he wants to know what song we're gonna play tonight. He was thinking... Great." Reggie says.

Some people walk past and snicker. "Can't we do this another moment, people already think I'm out of my mind." Roxanne asks. She gets an idea and takes her phone and puts it against her ear. "Now people think I'm calling."

"You're so smart." Reggie compliments making Roxy smile brightly.

"Alright, yeah I think Great, is a good song." Roxanne adds happily.

"Well that was everything then." Reggie says while not moving away at all.

"Was there something else?" Roxanne asks looking at him concerned.

"You know me too well." He replies chuckling. "I hoped that maybe we could talk like that again, as we did yesterday. It really calmed me down." Reggie says softly blushing.

"Yeah it was nice to talk like that for a moment. We can talk again... later, at home." Roxanne replies.

"That's nice, I never really had such a good friend like you." Reggie says, and there's the pain again. Friend zoned. Auch.

"Yeah, well I never had such a good talk like that. Usually people won't listen cause they're kinda done with me." Roxanne says looking down.

"But I don't understand, how could anyone be done with you?" He asks making her look up immediately.

They both stare at each other for a few moment until Kevin shows up and Reggie makes way for him. "Hey ready to dance?" Kevin asks smiling.

Roxanne puts her phone down and smiles. "Yes but I just hope you practiced." Roxanne replies.

"Even after three classes I'm gonna make a complete fool out of myself." Kevin sighs.

"Well guess you're gonna make a fool out of both of us." Roxanne chuckles while Reggie raises one eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that. I am gonna embarrass both of us." Kevin says putting one hand in his neck.

"No it will be fine. We're gonna do it together." Roxy replies smiling softly.

"See you there then." Kevin says while walking away. Reggie's face dropped somewhere into the conversation.

"Hey, what's wrong? You seem angry." Roxanne says.

"No... no, pfft." Reggie scoffs. "It's uh... good luck with dancing. I know you can dance obviously cause I saw you that day with Dirty Candy but... yeah I should go." Reggie says smiling weakly.

"See you at home." Roxanne says and Reggie poofs away. What the hell is wrong with that guy? She thinks.