16

Roxanne walks through the hallways in her school totally confused since people ask her for pictures all morning long. She stops at her locker and sees Carrie walking up to her. "Morning rockstar." Carrie says happily.

"Morning Carrie, don't call me that." Roxanne replies overwhelmed.

"Oh, come on. You're a real rockstar. Everyone wants your autograph." Carrie says. "Anyways,
Kevin is gonna ask you out." She adds.

"He is?" Roxanne asks confused. Carrie nods happily. "Oh, that's cool, I guess."

"He totally likes you, but I know you will turn him down." Carrie says. Roxanne closes her locker and looks at her friend confused again.

"How would you know?" Roxanne asks.

"Well, I was there at your house party. I saw the chemistry between you and the bassist." Carrie says.

"His name is Reggie." Roxanne replies while her eyes flicker. Carrie notices and chuckles.

"You're in love with someone from Sweden." Carrie giggles. Roxanne's smile fades.

"Yeah about that, can I tell you the truth?" Roxanne asks softly. She wants Carrie to know since Flynn also knows.

"Always, you can tell me anything." Carrie replies.

"They are ghosts. The hologram band, all ghosts and only Julie and I can see them but everyone sees them when they play." Roxanne says quickly.

Carrie looks at her friend smiling. "I knew they weren't just holograms but I didn't expect this."

"Wait? You believe me?" Roxanne asks.

"Of course! Why would you tell me they're ghosts if they weren't. That would make you sound crazy." Carrie says.

"Wanna get home with me after school, making homework together like before." Roxanne asks.

"Sounds great." Carrie says. Kevin walks up to both girls and smiles at Roxanne in particular. "See you later." Carrie walks away.

"Hey Roxy, I wanted to ask you something." Kevin says softly. "Do you maybe sometime wanna hang out?" He asks.

"As in... a date?" Roxanne asks trying not to make it bad for him. He nods. "Look Kevin, you're a great guy but..." he interrupts her.

"You like someone else?" He asks, she nods. "I got that vibe at the party, you and the bassist ooze chemistry." Kevin says. "Guess I missed my shot, and awkward walk away." He says walking away.

***

Carrie and Roxanne walk into the studio for Roxy to see Reggie and Alex smiling at her. "So, this is where all the music magic happens huh?" Carrie asks looking around.

"You brought her? That's cool." Reggie says walking up to Carrie and waving at her although she can't see him.

"So where are your ghosts?" She says looking at Roxanne.

"You told her about us?" Alex asks. Roxy looks at him.

"I mean, Flynn knew so my bestie got to know too. Besides she is not gonna tell anyone." Roxy says.

"Ow they're here?" Carrie asks, Roxy nods. "That's embarrassing. Well at least I know that." She says.
"I'm gonna go, I'll let you alone with the love of your life."

"Carrie, really?" Roxanne asks annoyed but Reggie just blushes and smiles knowing she talked about him.

"Sorry, see ya later." Carrie says hugging her friend and walking outside.

"Isn't she crazy?" Roxanne scoffs annoyed.

"Yeah that whole stay away from Reggie plan didn't work out did it?" Alex asks. Roxanne shakes her head laughing. "I'ma go." He says poofing away.

"So you told her about me?" Reggie asks smirking.

"Yeah, I didn't want to let Carrie out of my life and keep on lying to her so I figured why not telling her about you too." Roxanne says. "About that, where is Luke?" She asks.

"Probably with his parents." Reggie says.

"Do you... see your parents often? Like visit them as Luke does?" Roxanne asks softly.

"Sometimes I see my mom. I have no idea where my dad went to be honest." Reggie replies sitting down onto one of the chairs.

"I'm sure he's okay." Roxanne replies. "Somewhere out there." She points at the door. Reggie chuckles.

Roxanne sits down as well and looks at him. "What's wrong?" He asks softly.

"I was just thinking about... doesn't it bother you, the fact that we can't touch?" She asks.

"Yeah sometimes. I just, when we missed the dance and you cried, I wanted to hug you but I knew I couldn't." He replies.

"This is an interesting relationship you and I have." Roxanne sighs. Reggie nods and stands up.

"At least you can see me, that's something." He says.

"You're totally right." Roxanne says. Alex poofs back in and smiles at both. Before someone could say anything both boys get hit by a jolt thing. "Oh my gosh guys! What happened?" She asks freaking out.

"Yeah well, remember the night we missed the dance?" Alex asks, Roxanne nods. "We did something we shouldn't have done." He adds.

"There was this club and ghost who told us to join him but we said we already had a band so he gave us a stamp that's destroying us." Reggie continues.

"And the only way to stop it is doing our unfinished business so we can crossover." Alex finishes.

"So let me get this straight." Roxanne says shaking her head quickly. "Or you join a creepy ghost, or you do your unfinished business or you get destroyed by little jolts?" Roxanne asks.

"Pretty much." Alex replies looking sad.

"Either way I'm losing you? The only thing that kept me on this planet I'm gonna lose?" Roxanne asks while tears start forming her eyes.

"We have been really stupid, sorry." Reggie says softly. They get hit by another jolt which knocks them over.

"Well do something, what is your unfinished business? Save yourselves!" Roxanne screams.

"Roxy, we figure it out, we still have time." Alex says.

"I'ma get Julie, stay!" Roxanne says running back to the house.

***

Roxanne walks into Julie's room to see her friend sitting onto her bed drawing. "Hey, Julie." Roxy says

"Don't come too close. Anyone I seem to care about disappears." Julie replies sighing.

"Yeah I have that curse too, Luke told you about the jolts?" Roxanne asks and sees Julie nodding. "You can't get rid of me."

"I just don't get it. Right when our lives starts to get good. Great friends, great family, great band, great guy,... Then Bam!" She shows her drawing of an explosion.

"I don't know why all of this is happening to us but that's gonna make a beautiful album cover one day." Roxanne replies smiling softly.

"Look, Julie. The guys helped us both, they made you play music again and they helped us through the hard times. Maybe it's time for us to help them." Roxanne says softly. "We're gonna lose them, no matter what. Better get those guys into heaven now we still got time." She says.

"You're right." Julie sighs. They get up and walk to the studio to find the guys.